Wanting to build bikes around one little part! Anyone else..

Re: Wanting to build bikes around one little part! Anyone el

buying some bargain RS revs for my prince albert has lead directly to an extra bike in the shed.... & to top it all the prince albert has ended up being a rigid 2 x 9 :roll:

I did a team relay tri-athlon at the weekend for which I hired a Tri/TT bike. The bike had deep section wheels so I had to buy myself an inner tube with a long valve to take along in my pocket. Anyway I really enjoyed the event and riding a proper Aero bike but sadly at the end of the day I had to give the bike back. Now all I'm left with is the inner tube :LOL: :facepalm:

Haha, an inner tube, that's one to beat, where will this end?!

By the way I now have a frame for my stem LOLz!....

Not quite but I've done the opposite, buying a complete bike for one part...

gunner":276gdtqs said:
Not quite but I've done the opposite, buying a complete bike for one part...

Me too. In fact a lot of what I have is down to me buying complete bikes after working out whether I can get my money back by selling the bits I don't want/need and keeping the bits that I do. It's recently got me a set of KCNC Cranks and a set of M771 shifters for nothing so I'm happy enough ;)

Yes - not a really a small part though. Lovely Ti fork that I purchased a Ti frame to mate with it. Built it, but it never handled quite right and the steerer tube in relation to the head-tube was just a tad too short to get a good stem. Eventually swapped out the forks, and got the bike perfect :(

Purchased yet another Ti frame (after 1 year searching) with the right length head-tube to use with the Ti forks; built that one, but couldn't get a good bike fit or handling due to steep angles combined with the 1cm too short a-c on the forks. Eventually swapped out the forks, and got the bike perfect. :evil:

Said to myself it's ridiculous now, forced myself to sell the damn Ti forks before I accumulate another bike! Live and learn.

At the moment I have a 120mm stem with steep 25degree rise that's just looking at me for 2 years saying "Build a drop-bar SS rat bike, I'm too good for the trash". :facepalm:

I bought my Norco Torrent frame because i got a Hope 12 x 150 rear hub cheap :roll: :D

Woz":1cdwzt0p said:
Yes - not a really a small part though. Lovely Ti fork that I purchased a Ti frame to mate with it. Built it, but it never handled quite right and the steerer tube in relation to the head-tube was just a tad too short to get a good stem. Eventually swapped out the forks, and got the bike perfect :(

Purchased yet another Ti frame (after 1 year searching) with the right length head-tube to use with the Ti forks; built that one, but couldn't get a good bike fit or handling due to steep angles combined with the 1cm too short a-c on the forks. Eventually swapped out the forks, and got the bike perfect. :evil:

Said to myself it's ridiculous now, forced myself to sell the damn Ti forks before I accumulate another bike! Live and learn.

At the moment I have a 120mm stem with steep 25degree rise that's just looking at me for 2 years saying "Build a drop-bar SS rat bike, I'm too good for the trash". :facepalm:

Love it. This is exactly what I mean!! :LOL:
Great work. :cool: :cool: I salute you.

Buying a full bike for bits I really should try that in the future. Hmm, nearest I got is lucky bundles, which, yep you guessed it turned into new ideas! :idea:

Back