A DeKerf with a past.

I was tempted by this frame when Passiflora had it but never got the cash together in time. It was in lovely nick :)

Gruff":3vz06ml0 said:
It was in lovely nick :)
It still is.

I don't know if Casper had any work done on the top tube fillets, but they certainly look less conspicuous with the frame painted green than they did when it was yellow.

Having spent the entire weekend installing and then removing a variety of different parts in different colours, I now have a build in mind, and the next photo's posted will be once I have everything installed.

Cool looking frame ,

Always liked the look of DeKerf frames . I'm with you regarding wanting to get your project done . Just got a '93 Scott Team Racing frame , and am torn between making good original paint and getting it ridden , and going for a refinish just in time for mud ,glorious mud :LOL:

I'm waiting for bits at the moment, so although I know where I'm going with this, I can't quite get there yet.

Neil I had this for a while and can confirm it is a lovely lovely frame!.

Got it from Casper and nearly completed a build, before getting hold of a slightly smaller metallic Red Dekerf Team.

Hello Casper!.

The paintjob Casper had done is really really nice, sparkles in the sun. One thing I did think of doing was removing the powder from the Alloy plate on the downtube and polishing that.

Good luck, Nick

Thanks Nick, this was a chance find for me, having thought I had all the steel I could handle, but Ian wanted an STS that I didn't want and ........ well, you know how it goes.

Having not really had any idea of how I wanted it built up, after tinkering with a few bits and bobs I now have a clear idea of what I want. Unfortunately, some of what I want is not in the Country right now, so I am waiting for the nice people at RaceFace to send the equally nice people at UK Bike Store some 'stuff'

After that, it's just a matter of bolting it all together and hitting my ten mile test track, then all will be revealed.

Trouble is, now I've started down the Canadian route, I really should consider a Brodie. :shock:

Partly.

I have been waiting since the beginning of August for the Raceface importer to supply me with a set of chain rings.

Today I cancelled the order, as I have found another set of black Turbine cranks complete with brand new chainrings which I should have in my grubby grasp very shortly, so we may have a working bike by the weekend.

S'DONE.

I have just finished putting on the pedals and chain and will take it for a shakedown presently, but for now, here it is.

Frame: DeKerf Mountain
1994 model made of Ritchey Logic tubing.
Fork: Project 2

Headset: FSA Orbit
Stem: Raceface
Handlebar: Raceface
Grips: BBB
Barends: N/A

Brakes: Cane Creek Direct Curve 3
Brake Pads: LBS
Brake Cables: LBS stainless
Cantilever cable hangers:
Brake Levers: Avid

Shifters: SRAM Attack
Front Derailleur: Shimano M900
Rear Derailleur: Shimano M900
Derailleur Cables: LBS stainless
Cassette: SRAM 990
Chain: KMC
Cranks: Raceface Turbine
Crank Bolts: Raceface
Chainrings: Raceface
Chainring bolts: Raceface
Bottom Bracket: Shimano
Pedals: Time Atac

Hub Skewers: USE Spin Stix
Rims: Campag Kappa
Hubs: Shimano 105
Nipples: yup
Spokes: yup them too
Tyres: Schwalbe Nobby Nic
Tubes: Planet X

Saddle: Charge Spoon
Seatpost: Raceface
Seatpost Binder: N/A

DSC_0010_zpsc2f812da.jpg

DSC_0011_zpse02ddca5.jpg

If I'm honest, I don't know about the XTR mechs, so they may get changed for either XT or maybe M950, I think a darker colour would suit the black / green look better.

Anyway, for now, yer tiz!

Back