Is this the right room for an argument ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Is the the right place for an argument ?

pease pottage, on the old 500 bc ridgeway to horsham. i ride this track alot and it had the signs of an old road. seems i've stopped dh now then? :shock:

Addington and the chestnuts near you then?

Chopper1192":ms6o5fjx said:
So, no argument here, and the closest we came was someone half accusing the OP of pouring petrol on most of the smouldering embers himself. We're a pith poor shower if that's the best we can do.

Spleen vented, humours balanced. Maybe I'm sensitive. You know what I'm like :LOL:

Chestnuts, Addington

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 192

zetecmk2":1ddjgqhb said:
pease pottage, on the old 500 bc ridgeway to horsham. i ride this track alot and it had the signs of an old road. seems i've stopped dh now then? :shock:

Got a map screenshot?

Drive that way all the time and never knew it was there...

The History Man":3q5ciwfj said:
Spleen vented, humours balanced. Maybe I'm sensitive. You know what I'm like :LOL:

I'm not surprised. A lot of you Tories seem to have ulcers or heart attacks at a young age :LOL:

Re: Is the the right room for an argument ?

Just because ted Heath shares my birthday!

I put the kids to bed, log back onto Retrobike and there's another 3 pages on this thread :shock:

WOAH LESLEY - you have been busy :LOL:

The History Man":1lizpss7 said:
This is the only forum I've used...

THM, this tells me a lot.

I'm a member of another (non-cycling) forum, and I feel I've contributed in a large way to the development of that forum, through time served, sharing knowledge, and helping people. I've earned and expect a level of respect there, and can get away with far more than others without fear of repercussions. Sounds arrogant, but it's the way of every forum I've ever encountered. (and if we're being honest, it's the way the world works, even outside of the internet)

Whilst i actually agree with your sentiment on the whole, I feel you're missing experience. I've a lot of respect for Sinnermans opinion (and factual knowledge) and I feel that he has, to some extent, earned the right to state his opinion concisely and without the need to sugar-coat it.

I guess, I'm trying to say, don't sweat it. if you don't like Carl's posts, don't read them.

Incidentally, I'm not a sycophantic Sinnerman Fanboy, as a matter of fact, I find his builds a little clinical and don't really interest me due to the period that he seems to be most interested in (and I'm *QUITE* sure he'd absolutely hate my builds!) but I thought a dose of perspective was in order.

Are there enough Worms in this can now? ;)

No worms. I value all opinions expressed so politely. I don't agree that you can earn the right to be thoughtless or rude. You weren't so why excuse it in others. I may OT be an experienced forum user but I know when someone is rude and demeaning in their comments. Not just the ones that caused me to wave my sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back