I hit a girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you like it....?
Did it taste like Cherry Chapstick?

oh, miss-read that, sorry.

50/50.
She was walking in the road looking at her phone and not paying attention to the traffic... Dumbass
Cyclist was maybe a little too close to the edge to give possible hazards a wide berth

End of discussion. We can all go back to bitching about helmets now ( was she wearing one? :LOL: )

G

The skip doesn't randomly decide to not look where it us going and walk in to you.
And it shouldn't be in a dangerous place anyway

Figure out what actually happened before chastising him/her.

I don't know what actually happened, but everyone has a responsibility not just the cyclist, I don't know the road, junction, speeds or anything.

Stop pissing on everybody for some light banter. It's making the forum a grumbly place to read and no one will post at this rate.
I'm not saying you should cheat for wahat happened and say good man, well done.

No one died, no one severely injured and at which point does she have a right to close here eyes and walk on a road. A road user has some rights to assume they can travel more than 1mph without radar sensors in all directions on the off chance something decides it would be good to wonder into the road.

It is just called 'life'.
Accidents happen.

Anglesey eh? You want to keep your eyes on the road or you might fall into the sea. Maybe waxoil your frame just in case.

I disagree; I used to live in a remote, 'chocolate box' village with narrow roads and little or no pavement and I used to get heartily sick of cyclists and motorcyclists taking advantage of the lack of motorised traffic to use the local roads as a race track...

...it wasn't worth keeping a pet cat because they used to get run over so regularly; the local Postie was hit by a group of cyclists, breaking his arm(!) and a motorcyclist had to swerve to avoid the local Copper and crashed through the Post Office window opposite!

It's all very well saying that the young girl was effectively 'negligent' but my post above was intended to illustrate that the circumstances could easily have been very different...

...and then, of course, you get the indignant 'What is it with car drivers and their attitude?' threads :facepalm:

Jeez, chill out guys.

If I'd realised a light-hearted anecdote would upset you all so much, I wouldn't have posted it. If she'd been rolling on the floor crying and bleeding, I certainly wouldn't have been so flippant about it.

It's interesting how many details people know about the incident though, considering I didn't put them in my original post. You all seem to be very familiar with the layout of the junction in question, and to know what (breakneck) speed I was hooning along at. In that case, you'll also be aware that there was a perfectly good footpath on the other side of the road which she couldn't be bothered to use, choosing instead to amble along in the path of traffic. While texting. And I happily accept that I am far from perfect myself, having spent several years away from bikes: no doubt a better cyclist would have missed her by miles.

I sure as hell didn't want anyone commiserating or sympathising with me - it was just an odd incident that made a change from the usual rage about 'bloody motorists'. Anway, lesson learned, move along, nothing to see. I'm off to waxoyl my frame, just in case.

This reminds me of when I hit a pedestrian in my camper back in '91.

After hearing about half a dozen views of how it could have happened, all assuming I was in the wrong, I regretted mentioning it at all.

There are thousands of things we don't know about the incident, so why is everyone so quick to judge?

I have clouted plenty of pedestrians with a bike.

No big deal. Koupe was obviously going slowly enough to avoid any serious injury.

A bruise is no more than a bruise, can easily occur at walking pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back