I hit a girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats it Stevo - in their haste to be holier than thou they missed that we were only being about 50% serious.

In any case I wouldnt take it to heart. When we moan were out of line. When FMJ takes a contrary view its perfectly ok.

Chopper1192":2ioh356j said:
in their haste to be holier than thou they missed that we were only being about 50% serious.

That's the funny thing about the internet though, you can't hear someone's tone of voice, see their body language, or glean any information whatsoever other than what they've written. So I'm not sure how I can distinguish between good old "50% serious" banter, and petulant obnoxious trolling?

I actually feel really bad that a far more senior & active member has gone; I suspect he would've gone soon anyway but who knows? I would ask for the whole thread to be deleted, but then there'd probably be accusations of denial, cowardice and perjury, and I'd have to try and work out what percentage of seriousness they contained as well.

Bollocks, I'm off for a ride. Mods - feel free to lock this.

We_are_Stevo":5r1q4ya8 said:
it's the callous disregard for the well being of the girl in question that I find breath taking, let alone the widespread condoning of physical harm just because the victim happened to be engrossed in her mobile!

I would be grateful if you can point to one instance of this 'callous disregard' or 'condoning physical harm'.

None I can see.

People have however pointed out if you are staring into your mobile phone whilst walking off the pavement you are not paying proper attention and are therefore adding to your risk, and that of other road users.

Yes, we all need to pay attention. Even blind, elderly, one legged people in wheelchairs.

Koupe":8itsupkx said:
Chopper1192":8itsupkx said:
in their haste to be holier than thou they missed that we were only being about 50% serious.

That's the funny thing about the internet though, you can't hear someone's tone of voice, see their body language, or glean any information whatsoever other than what they've written. So I'm not sure how I can distinguish between good old "50% serious" banter, and petulant obnoxious trolling?

I actually feel really bad that a far more senior & active member has gone; I suspect he would've gone soon anyway but who knows? I would ask for the whole thread to be deleted, but then there'd probably be accusations of denial, cowardice and perjury, and I'd have to try and work out what percentage of seriousness they contained as well.

Bollocks, I'm off for a ride. Mods - feel free to lock this.
The fact the I oscillate from condemning you, to showing sympathy, to having the vapours, to then expressing astonishment should be pretty apparent to any normal person that I wasn't being entirely serious. I spotted Stevo was leaning the same way, and given a few weeks even The History Man will have figured it out.

It is true that the internet doesn't spell it out for you - but then in real life few will do it for you either.

Problem with this place is we can say what we like, just so long as it's sycophantic nodding agreement with people that think they're special because they've been here since the old days and are somehow more important than us Johnny-come-latelys.

WD Pro":kog7tned said:
Marin Man ?

No way! He has? Shit the bed! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :D :D :D :D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :xmas-big-grin:

(Just in case anyone is missing him.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back