1967 Flying Scot Patina

Tazio":2s2j6cvm said:
By making it comfortable and able to be ridden by him? That isn't killing it but making it usable and extending it's life, it's a bike not a museum piece.

I couldn't agree more.

Tazio":pbzaqzzj said:
By making it comfortable and able to be ridden by him? That isn't killing it but making it usable and extending it's life, it's a bike not a museum piece.

Just trying to add a constructive criticism. I agree its far better that the bike is used and not intended as a museum piece. But it can just as easily be made fully functional and fully usable with more suitable period components. IMO it would make a great improvement to the look of the bike.

BUT, its entirely up to Mr Panda, that's just my two' penneth ;)

Robbied196":2uwh1b4k said:
Tazio":2uwh1b4k said:

Just trying to add a constructive criticism. I agree its far better that the bike is used and not intended as a museum piece. But it can just as easily be made fully functional and fully usable with more suitable period components. IMO it would make a great improvement to the look of the bike.

BUT, its entirely up to Mr Panda, that's just my two' penneth ;)

+1

Everything I do is reversible and all original components are secure in an airtight box :LOL:

Original bars were just plain too narrow for my comfort so they were swapped for what I had lying around. Original Brooks saddle will go back on at some point but that Spoon is COMFY.

Original tyres were SOLID rubber - Jeez, no way, although I'm not convinced 700c wheels suit the bike :? Might revert to larger originals.

Gearing - staying at 7 speed for the time being although I do want an alloy crankset soon.

When I was growing up in the 60s most riders were customising their bikes in some manner to suit local terrain or personal tastes. I'm no exception. Once I get the setup spot on (for me) I'll consider repaint options :twisted:

Mr Panda":1k3wsv52 said:
Everything I do is reversible and all original components are secure in an airtight box :LOL:

Original bars were just plain too narrow for my comfort so they were swapped for what I had lying around. Original Brooks saddle will go back on at some point but that Spoon is COMFY.

Original tyres were SOLID rubber - Jeez, no way, although I'm not convinced 700c wheels suit the bike :? Might revert to larger originals.

Gearing - staying at 7 speed for the time being although I do want and alloy crankset soon.

When I was growing up in the 60s most riders were customising their bikes in some manner to suit local terrain or personal tastes. I'm no exception. Once I get the setup spot on (for me) I'll consider repaint options :twisted:

Do exactly what you want it's your bike - but i fail to see what is wrong with others providing an opinion as to whether they think a bike looks good or not.
Surely that is what a forum is for?
Try posting on LFGSS - a different ball game all together - you got off lightly ;)

No problem - opinions are welcome.

However, as a Glaswegian Geared Cyclist I have little interest in what LFGSS have to say, especially when I'm dealing with a Glaswegian bike which is younger than me and is predominantly being used on roads and tracks north of the city - as its makers intended :LOL:

Its does handle much better now, I must say. Wish I'd had this when I stayed in Kent rather than my "student days" Puch .

Just pop on some nice SKS or Bluemels mudguards for the winter months and you'll be all set :D
i should spend more time riding and less time looking at bikes :!:

Latest posts

Back