Now Sold - 1967 Flying Scot 58 cm 531/Campagnolo Model

PeterPerfect

Senior Retro Guru
For sale a 1967 Flying Scot. 'The Scot'. Campagnolo model. 531 frame and forks. Seat tube is 58 cm frame measured C to C. Top tube is 57 cm measured C to C. Head tube is 15 cm. Standing height as it is set up is 92 cm. Campagnolo Record 10 speed front and rear mech. Campagnolo cable guides. Campagnolo hubs with Mavic Sup 700c T520 rims. Universal Mod 61 centre pull brakes and levers. (One hood has a split). Brooks professional leather saddle with stainless steel loops. I also have the original Carradice rack and saddlebag which will be included in the sale. Campagnolo Strada 49t 47t compact chain set. Campagnolo bar end shifters. GB stem and bars. (Bars have the map of GB embossed into them). Chater Lea Pedals. Brevete toe clips with new Christophe straps. Original pump. Original bell. This was resprayed about 10 years ago. It is in a bright green metallic with white outlining to the lugs. This frame was originally Forest Green with red lining to the lugs. Having said that, it's a good paint job and the most important thing is that the original Head Badge was left untouched. Everything works as it should. The wheels are true, no movement or noise from the BB or headset. A lovely old bike that has been very well cared for. Has a really nice touch that it has the original tyre wipers that the previous owner requested when he ordered the bike new in 1967. Please don't enquire if you intend to use this to convert to a single speed. Frame number is 248N which confirms it is the 248th bike manufactured in 1967. Collection from Stroud, Gloucestershire.

Looking for £395.00 couriered for such a well equipped and period bike.

Attachments

• DSCN0660 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0660 (Small).JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 852
  • DSCN0661 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0661 (Small).JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 852
  • DSCN0662 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0662 (Small).JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 852
  • DSCN0663 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0663 (Small).JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 851
  • DSCN0664 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0664 (Small).JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 851
  • DSCN0665 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0665 (Small).JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 852
Re: For Sale-1967 The Scot 58 cm 531/Campagnolo Record

very nice, just not able to right now :facepalm:
so

PeterPerfect":2bq72515 said:
Please don't enquire if you intend to use this to convert to a single speed.

well said that man type of bump

Thanks for the bump. You've probably seen a few of these. Not a Flying Scot I know but top quality components. I saw a Flying Scot for sale recently with very average components on it.

no expert myself, Ratterys closed when I was but a bairn. by the time I was on the cycling scene, there were still a few about but they were generally being used as winter bikes. it does look like a good spec despite the respray compared to most I've seen in recent years, so hopefully it'll stay in one piece

GL

:cool:

Mine is 278N, metallic pale green with red and gold lug lining. If I was after another I'd seriously consider this as you've pitched it at a very fair price :D

Please don't accept any more communication from me :LOL:

EDIT: BTW "The Scot" and "The Flying Scot" are very often identical apart from use or omission of the word "Flying" ;) :?

Thanks for the comments. You sound as bad as me for looking at things you shouldn't!

PeterPerfect":2gaflqat said:
Thanks for the comments. You sound as bad as me for looking at things you shouldn't!

Plums in a handkerchief spring to mind, but I'm sure that's not what you mean :xmas-big-grin:

Re: For Sale-1967 Flying Scot 58 cm 531/Campagnolo Model

Regarding the Carradice bag and rack, Unfortunately unlike the bike, they have not stood the test of time. The rack which I gather is now rare needs re-chroming and I guess the bag needs cleaning and re-treating. Just seems right that they should stay with the bike as they were bought new for it at the time. I shall try to upload a photo tomorrow

Latest posts

Back