Need some info :)

swinger76

Dirt Disciple
hi Retro guru's beening a while since visiting just bought a Vintage beast for £50 yesterday and can't seem to find any info on this unknown brand.

what i do known it says 1958 stamped on the rear Sturmy Archer Hub the Front Badge says Kerry's Great Britain London E15 tryed doing a Google search and did not reveal much any info will be very much Appreciated it :)

and excuse the mess parked it next to a old building Wolsey Factory from the 60s lol

1052484_10201430228182773_1202074987_o.jpg

It's a brand I vaguely remember from my youth - which dates it somewhat! I'm sure they were, as OldTel says, a roadster/childs bike brand.

Kerry's were a wholesale supplier to the trade, like Brown Brothers.
Their own label bikes were more likely to sell to non cycle trade customers.
There were a number of makers in the midlands mainly doing own name bikes, by 1958 they were disappearing. This is not a Raleigh make, and I don't tthink Raleigh/TI would have bought the name.

thanks all for the info its most odd that the company has gone so silent must of not made a impact like Raleigh

rode on it today 35 mile run shocking how silent and nippy it is brakes are a issue tho crying out for a restore lol

Kerrys sold cycle and motorcycle accessories to the retail trade. They were not cycle manufacturers. They just had some bikes produced by cheap manufacturers with their own name applied. Big stores, credit club sellers, and many others did this, but the bolt up roadster frame was well out of date by 1958, and the whole commuter cycle industry was dying. What was left was junevile, school boy and teenagers bikes. The committed recreational cyclists were very few.
Keith

Back