When we had hair !

Rich Aitch

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
A few weeks ago me and Marc Two Tone were travelling to a Retrobike ride and we stopped off to check the track across a footbridge and see if it would be ok for a ride. When we walked down the track I realised that we were going passed a nature reserve wood where I'd helped build a fence round the edge with the British Trust for Conservation Volunteers aged 16, ie "When I had hair", in 1994. And as I said it I realised that it would make a great forum thread...

So if your head is "Growing through your hair", or your hair grows backwards into your skull leaving a shiny boiled egg on the outside, post a photo of your head in it's prime. To start us off here are three mug shots of me, taken from the same source so we can chart the follicle decline more accurately. On the left 16 ish, 21 in the middle picture and 35 on t'right.

So far I've only found one of me on a bike without a helmet but with hair but I haven't put it up because I'm wearing the same jumper as the left hand photo, therefore giving the impression that my teenage years were characterised by only owning one set of clothes...

Attachments

• When we had hair.JPG
    When we had hair.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 302
A suitable picture or two turned up yesterday. Again no bike involved but it is from a time when I was not bad at all as a cyclist. I'll have to scan it in later.

Fairfax Criterium, 1974.
74_criterium.jpg

This is a pre-graduation photo with my mother in 1982. Which was also the year I bought my first road bike...

Attachments

• steven 82 web.jpg
    steven 82 web.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 169
Back