1995 Marin Vario Downhillbike

juice

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Found this pics at Vintagebikes.de which you should visit if you want to see some real cool oldschool galeries.
Never seen or have heard of a Marin Vario before.
Pics are from the 1995 Downhill Eurocup. The silver one obviously belonged to the back then 17 year old Nolwenn Le Caer.
If you have some information on these bikes or some more pics feel free to contribute. :cool:
From my research the later 1996 Marin Monocoque and the 1997 Marin Quake were clearly inspired by this Marin Vario. So any info you want to share with me an the rest of the world?
mar.jpg

mar2.jpg

Re: 1995 Marin Vario Downhillbike?

Vario.jpg

You are right! Never even tought in this direction. :cool:
Here is a review of a Vario bike:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=90213

Ok then but why were these two bikes Marin badged? Where is the connection between the french company and Marin?

Whilst I love the 'crazy' old full sus designs, Mountain cycle must have been wetting their pants with laughter when these (and similar) were made.

To put it into perspective, this is what they were making a good few years earlier;

sanandreas_011sm_418.jpg

viewtopic.php?t=184065

Different league entirely.

Re: 1995 Marin Vario Downhillbike?

juice":1ghq3q6c said:
Ok then but why were these two bikes Marin badged? Where is the connection between the french company and Marin?

Back then before almost every manufacturer started producing their own full suspension bikes there were a number of brands that utilised other companies frames and rebranded them (not for resale as far as I am aware) for their sponsored riders to compete on. Haro for example used rebranded Intense frames for a while as did a number of other manufacturers.

Back