Reviving Mag 21s?

That us a way of doing it, I had considered it once (I use 1" ahead expander wedges in mine or not quite as good, the 1" starnuts as you crush 1-1/8" starnuts).
But the threading it myself put me off.
RockShox did not nmake one so either someone or the manufacturer has done it. I see the silver painted magnesium brace so it an SL you have there.
I would guess since the quality of that cut is poor, it after market light weight bodge.

But you say the catalogue says it had one.
Can't argue with that.

FluffyChicken":xggk5zhr said:
That the Lotus Carbon bike?

Yep.

I agree with you all that this is... odd. The bike has seen very few miles, and other shots of the same bike, with the same 'catalogue' spec show the same forks, with the same stem?

Weird.

As the forks aren't holding air, the lowers (indeed, they're the 'shiny' SLs) aren't perfect, and the steerer issue, I think I'll be looking for an alternative fork. :( :(

Catalogue one had a silver headset though ;)

I wouldn't mind buying any parts off you cheaply if you decide no to use them. My SL's got nicked on my bike :(

Still I do need to find a steerer in 210mm SL length, along with many other things I have to replace.

The air seals only really go when used a lot or they get torn by the needle (e.g. sharp side holes, a bit rough putting it in).

Back