Japanese bikes

Annoying Twit

Dirt Disciple
I'm interested to see that there are some Japanese bike makers/brands such as Takara. I've also seen mention of a maker called Kuwahara, who made bikes for other brands (including Takara, but also western brands.

As I'm quite interested in 70s/80s Japanese guitars I'd be interested to learn more bout Japanese brands/makers. Are there many such bikes available? The sole Takara I can find on ebay is being sold at quite a high BIN http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-80s-T ... 51a4d82b6b

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It's not a road bike but check out the Araya Muddy Fox in my sig. If you go to the end of page 2 it has another link to the finished item.

Interesting. The links are dead now, but is/was that the original paint job! Psychedelic!

There are no Ayara bikes on ebay at the moment. Are there other Japanese brands that I could add to a stored search?

Miyata
Panasonic
Fuji
Bridgestone
Univega
Zebrakenko
3rensho
Zunow

and there are many more

Many fine builders make frames for Keirin racing. Check out Nagasawa, Samson, Makino, Vivalo and of course 3Rensho

Ekimov's Panasonic >>

6725451913_ee6623aebd_z.jpg

candy apple Zebrakenko >>

3622241676_f1cc75c329_z.jpg

Miyata detail >>

5036160329_f19bab14ce_z.jpg

Back