peugeot monaco seatpost help!

mtbabuser

Dirt Disciple
So i ended up snapping my dawes impulse and have replaced it with a peugeot monaco frameset, the frame didnt come with a seatpost and Im currently struggling to find any information or specs about these frames.

Took it to my LBS where they were a bit useless but I least found out its less than 25.4mm which is the smallest they had and after researching Sheldon Brown I havnt found much either so I think it may be either 24mm or 25mm. Does anyone have any better info on these frames or know where I could pick up such a seatpost size? Any advice is greatly appreciated to get me back on the road :)

Thanks Simon

Here is a picture from the ebay listing:

Good looking frame that, liking the colour.

You'll need a 25.0 seatpost, there's a small number of used ones on ebay - campag / shimano / gipiemme but be warned on the prices - not cheap. Other options - kalloy - are available for about £10 but it all depends on whether you are building a period bike with the correct component spec? Option is to buy a cheap one and then keep hunting for a period one at a sensible price so at least you''re able to use the bike.

Hope this helps...

great help indeed :) only going to be a singlespeed/fixed run around for now until i can afford a new geared road bike so the cheaper the better! the colours are what attracted me to it!

Worlds your oyster on ebay then, plenty to had - just type in 25.0 as your search under 'sporting goods'.

Yep, I like that colour a lot, it's lasted well and looks good for it's age.

Good luck with your build :)

Latest posts

Back