Do bike shops have any idea about retrobikes?

We_are_Stevo":1ue3l6mg said:
FFS! If I can go anyone can!

Get your *rse over and just enjoy the camaraderie, you'll love it...:cool:

Are you ready for ther Hulk :LOL: I'm green as well :LOL:

I used to go mountain biking on a trek with my son when he was 7 in public, I just do it secretly in the shadows now ;)

Alison

All you need to do is bring a tent, beer and something for the BBQ and you'll be the most popular member there...

...after JB666 of course :LOL:

We_are_Stevo":2172oj0w said:
All you need to do is bring a tent, beer and something for the BBQ and you'll be the most popular member there...

I don't have a tent :D I do have all the rest especially the beer :D could get a tent of my marine son :D I wonder what MOD tents are like :LOL: My dad had one fron the second world war when I was a nipper had a pole through the middle that I knocked down going for a wee :facepalm:

Al;ison

The modern cycling industry is very fashion oriented: the focus is selling hugely expensive bikes that work about 1% better than last years model. At most.

Isaac_AG":27640us0 said:
We_are_Stevo":27640us0 said:

I don't have a tent :D I do have all the rest especially the beer :D could get a tent of my marine son :D I wonder what MOD tents are like :LOL: My dad had one fron the second world war when I was a nipper had a pole through the middle that I knocked down going for a wee :facepalm:

Al;ison

Well a quick glance at your Facebook tells me you have impeccable taste...

...and you can pick up a more than adequate tent from Tesco these days :cool:

We_are_Stevo":31jrjwph said:
Isaac_AG":31jrjwph said:
We_are_Stevo":31jrjwph said:

Al;ison

Well a quick glance at your Facebook tells me you have impeccable taste...

...and you can pick up a more than adequate tent from Tesco these days :cool:

:oops: :oops: :oops: Thanks :LOL:

Alison

My mate owns the lbs so I have no problems as he is a couple of years older than me (I'm 40).
He loves it when I bring a 20 year old bike in as it reminds him of his youth :LOL:

With my LBS I don't give them much business only buy the odd can of lube there. Most mechanicy thing they do for me is pop headset lower races on and off forks for me when they get stuck. The chief mechanic in there loves a little retro chat. when I took a pair of RC36's in he loved it, bounced them up and down, told me how he ran a set until very recently and mention that that the early ones had a problem with circlips failing.

Completely depends on the LBS. luckily that one is also the nearest to me - quite often pop in when I'm walking the dog :)

secret_squirrel":19gpbobv said:
With my LBS I don't give them much business only buy the odd can of lube there. Most mechanicy thing they do for me is pop headset lower races on and off forks for me when they get stuck. The chief mechanic in there loves a little retro chat. when I took a pair of RC36's in he loved it, bounced them up and down, told me how he ran a set until very recently and mention that that the early ones had a problem with circlips failing.

Completely depends on the LBS. luckily that one is also the nearest to me - quite often pop in when I'm walking the dog :)

I think this is part of it, even if you have a local with a mechanic that has been round the block a few times, his services are not that often called upon as we all do the work ourselves and very rarely need his assistance, hence most places won't (or can't afford to) pay for that experience but rather the local trainee who looks at a square tapered bb and asks what is it ?

Wsnt there a thread in the last year about someone working as a mechanic in a shop who couldnt work out how to get ye olde square taper cranks off as they only knew of Hollowtech 2 cranks.

Latest posts

Back