pace rc35 service

Hi,

does enybody know what type of my lovely RC 35 it is? Any suggestions where to buy elastomer kits?

Thanx

Attachments

• Trek Y 22.jpg
    Trek Y 22.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 757
  • Pace2.jpg
    Pace2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 757
  • Pace3.jpg
    Pace3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 757
They are MXCD's. You can get elastomers from pace or do a kronos judy spring conversion as I did.

Thanx, is it both MXCD's? I stripped of one fork only. Kronos judy spring conversion sounds good to me, how is your experiance wit it, I´m affraid that springs can scraping and rubing on the inside of the staunchions and demage carbonfiber legs.

Got the springs off Ebay and they are no wider than the elastomers...been running it for 6 months with no problems...I haven't serviced the fork yet so haven't seen if any damage to the insides but it sound smooth in operation with no scraping noises.

Some of the mx range forks have damping cartridge so if you have one of these (or fitted the after market kit), all should be well.

How did the thud buster attempt work out?

Tim can only get elastomers from pace as far as I know so sadly no saving. I've been thinking about alternative sources myself as I've two sets that need elastomers but not at £40 a pop. I did find companies that sell elastomers in tubes in fixed lengths, but know nothing about the properties of the fork ones to know what to buy and work out a cost for. Any ideas?

I contacted Tim (justbackdated) who very kindly swapped my wrong elastomers for the right ones. So I never did try the thudbuster elastomers.

Getting some made up would be a good idea though. You just need the od and id dimensions then maybe choose some hardness types.

Btw I went for medium but am wishing I chose hard...

Jase36":1rmsuand said:
Arent they a bit pogo stick like? what about the dampening?

No, the suprising thing is they aren't. They are effectively air damped as you can hear the air coming out of the holes (just as it does with elastomers). I was suprised how good the results was as it was a bit of an experiment, and the forks have an extra inch of travel now too :D

yakboy":1uuqs2ko said:
Got the springs off Ebay and they are no wider than the elastomers...been running it for 6 months with no problems...I haven't serviced the fork yet so haven't seen if any damage to the insides but it sound smooth in operation with no scraping noises.
I need some of these to replace the elastomers in my RC35's. I looked on ebay but couldn't find any. What do I need to look for in the search engine?

Back