Capital punishment

We_are_Stevo":keynmds3 said:
Sorry Alison, I don't deal in 'opinions' only facts...

...I didn't intend any criticism of your 'opinion' only to correct your assumption that these evil b*stards are somehow 'disturbed'

They aren't; you can see people just like them on any street, in any major town with an ethnic population you care to mention.

These two both come from decent families, and both became disaffected, falling in with a very bad crowd as do so many young men of colour; I am not being 'politically incorrect' or the least bit 'racist' - try walking past Clapham Junction on a warm summers day and see how wrong you think I am...

...the general public and commuters just stand there and turn a blind eye to the gangs of youths who run through the crowds terrorising who they see fit, then sauntering across the road in front of the traffic giving verbal go any who challenge them!

They are a tiny minority but no-one does anything about it; all it would take would be a few like minded citizens to give them a good kicking every time they tried it and it would soon stop, but people would rather pretend it isn't happening and think about getting home in time for BGT or whatever other mind numbing tat is on the television that night... :|

Until the next riots that is!

Burying your head in the sand doesn't make the world a better place, immediate action does...

...if only!

sorry but what you say is still just opinions, do you think you have the antidote to all the worlds ilsl, sorry there is no antidote, just dealing with the moment trying to do the best we can is all there is. I'm sorry but saying non of them is disturbed is wrong, I think this obsessive belief is disturbed just like any belief taken to far is disturbed. Some of the most disturbed people have lived in very respectable families like Dennis Nielson. Being in a good family has nothing to do with your process in life, I was brought up in a very middle class family yet I spent 4.5 months in psychiatric hospital and many years trying not to destroy my children's life, am I worth killing because |I'm such a bad parent making my children live through my psychosis. I'm sorry but this kind of obsessive belief in religion is as much a psychological problem as OCD. The average John Doe does not murder it takes a special mind to murder and usually that's religion.

Alison

in response to the above comment.
some people just use "religion" as an excuse to murder.
people who genuinely follow any faith know its wrong to murder.
but there will always be exceptions to that rule.

videojetman":3ohiw72h said:
in response to the above comment.
some people just use "religion" as an excuse to murder.
people who genuinely follow any faith know its wrong to murder.
but there will always be exceptions to that rule.
en if you tink you have God's blessing or not to kill another in response to a killing

Yes there are people that use religion as a reason to murder, whether that be psychological reasons or not, but it will never excuse murder, the fact we face is, whether religious or not, is it right to take our feelings, in this case, upon another because as subjective citizens we feel it right. I really hate these people, hate them as much as anyone, I've lost members of my family, not to individuals as in this case but I can feel pain ,yet murder is not the option, it's just a way of saying we'll take eye for an aye tooth for a tooth which will never solve anything and has never had.

Alison

highlandsflyer":29crvbow said:
technodup":29crvbow said:
No wonder the US think we're pussies.

Not to my knowledge.

wikioedia":29crvbow said:
Polling taken the following week found that 82% of Americans opposed the decision, and 10% supported it.[48] A campaign to "Boycott Scotland" emerged on the internet, encouraging Americans to halt tourism and boycott Scottish products.[49]

The decision was called "absolutely wrong" by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton,[50] and "an outrage" and a "caving in" by Senator Frank Lautenberg.[42] President Barack Obama denounced the decision and Attorney General Eric Holder said that there was "no justification for releasing this convicted terrorist whose actions took the lives of 270 individuals."[44] Senator John Kerry, the former Democratic Presidential candidate, said that the decision “turn the word ’compassion’ on its head.”[51] FBI director Robert Mueller, who had been a lead investigator in the 1988 bombing, was "outraged at [the] decision,

Opinions on NORAID were not too high back in the day either, but both of these matters are in the past.

They don't inform the general view to the exclusion of the shared history in war time, when British forces have repeatedly shown their cojones.

highlandsflyer":2juvfa92 said:
the shared history in war time, when British forces have repeatedly shown their cojones.
I'm not having a go at our forces, more our political class who have lacked balls since you know who.

Back