Suspension forks...what are your recommendations....

I would go for some ~'00 air forks if that is what you are after.
I had no problem fitting some '99's to my '97 frame. But then I do class it as my modern bike :twisted:

...Ok now starting to get confused! Are there no air forks in a 1997 or before flavour?

I would like to keep in the retro vibe if poss...

wookiee":3dadf9hk said:
...Ok now starting to get confused! Are there no air forks in a 1997 or before flavour?

I would like to keep in the retro vibe if poss...

Mag 21's would seem the obvious as mentioned above

1999/2000 Rond Magura Quake air, same as these:

As the name suggests they are air sprung & oil damped & very light.
Unfortunately i no longer have these but they do come up on ebay every so often.

The beauty of the Mozo Pro's is the simplicity of the air dampers...

...one in the bottom of each leg; couple of O-rings on an alloy 'piston' slows the rebound and turns what would otherwise be a pogo-stick into a nice, supple fork.

What used to be a near enough £400 fork that can usually be picked up for around £35 now :cool:

We_are_Stevo":2kxfss6k said:
The beauty of the Mozo Pro's is the simplicity of the air dampers...

...one in the bottom of each leg; couple of O-rings on an alloy 'piston' slows the rebound and turns what would otherwise be a pogo-stick into a nice, supple fork.

What used to be a near enough £400 fork that can usually be picked up for around £35 now :cool:

I agree Steve, i had a pair of the Mk1 yellow 3.5's when they 1st came out and could not fault them.

Z2 Bombers, coil and open bath oil were one of the best forks going back in the day. i had them on my bikes over the years, they were superb and would still compare favorably with current forks.

very easy to tune and service also, just drop stiffer or softer springs and or oil in them, and you are good to go

He us looking for retro forks model 97 or earlier as per this section. Are the mozo's in that era?

Personally given it's a 1997 bike I would look for 1997 to around the 00's. As would be the normal if you actually had the bike bitd.

Back