Saturday chippy night what's your fav?

matthew71":2e2ba4a5 said:
NeilM":2e2ba4a5 said:
Our local never has fish waiting, usually because they are so busy, they can't cook it quick enough.

When we go to West Somerset on hols, we always visit the little chippy in Watchet. We usually share a big cod lot and eat it on a bench overlooking the harbour.

you share food??? that,s not natural

It's cos her teeth are a bit dodgy, I have to give it a good chew first.

When we eat out, we always try each other's. Normal behaviour surely, I have always done it and most people I know do it. Even educated fleas do it.

what about a weatherby Whaler.....
Puts the large back into large cod and chips, with mushy peas of course

Fish supper.

Salt and sauce. Salt and sauce being a uniquely Edinburgh thing. Cheap brown sauce mixed half and half with water. Delicious but an acquired taste apparently.

Chips, Cheese, and Gravy, washed down with a few cans of Special Brew (or Tenents Super if North of the border).

Now that's a Proper dinner!! :cool:

jimo746":9jk7cztt said:
Chips, Cheese, and Gravy, washed down with a few cans of Special Brew (or Tenents Super if North of the border).

Now that's a Proper dinner!! :cool:

Now that's just wrong :LOL:

The History Man":21otf2eh said:
NeilM":21otf2eh said:
Our local never has fish waiting, usually because they are so busy, they can't cook it quick enough.

When we go to West Somerset on hols, we always visit the little chippy in Watchet. We usually share a big cod lot and eat it on a bench overlooking the harbour.

Make that Saundersfoot or Staithes and that sound like us!

Make that Mousehole and it's me and the wife!

Having resided on the Humberside/Lincolnshire coast for most of my childhood I did get through a a fair old bit of chip shop fare...mostly the cheap and cheereful battered sausage (although one place did do a proper Lincolnshire sausage in batter that was awesome). There's also some top fishcakes to be had in those parts. Sadly there isn't much of note here in the smoke but there are some half decent places to snare a large cod and chips if you know where to look. Cup of strong over sugared tea/can of coke is the beverage of choice :)

Best chip shop pleasure though was a place in Preston town centre close to where I was at college years ago, amongst other things it sold battered black pudding. Fantastic stuff - it was in portions so large that you could never finish one off in the taxi home, so it was usually thrown in the fridge and refried the following morning (afternoon) for breakfast. Those were the days...

Back