Saturday chippy night what's your fav?

Isaac_AG":1armo3yy said:
can't abide those cheap chip shop sausages yuck.

Alison

You do have to wonder what goes into those cheap chip shop bangers, especially after the recent meat-based scandals. Suffice to say, a few moments ago I asked my local chippy if they were serving any today, but the owner checked the use-by date on the pack....and they're off! ;)

David

David B":3opy9apx said:
Haddock over cod for me every time. Possibly with a pickled onion on the side, not a great fan of chip shop peas.

Surprisingly, this topic is 2 pages in and without a mention (until I brought it up) of the peculiarly Black Country phemomenon that is the bright orange battered chip!

David

A bright orange batterd chip??? Need to see this as I love chips and my home team wear a tangerine kit it's one of my fav colours :LOL:

Went to the gym and walked back past the chippy noooooo the eat clean through the week rule would have gone if I had readies on me :oops:

Tazio":12nbgy0l said:
Fish supper.

Salt and sauce. Salt and sauce being a uniquely Edinburgh thing. Cheap brown sauce mixed half and half with water. Delicious but an acquired taste apparently.

Freaks the lot of ya.

Bpool77":1eg580td said:
David B":1eg580td said:
Haddock over cod for me every time. Possibly with a pickled onion on the side, not a great fan of chip shop peas.

Surprisingly, this topic is 2 pages in and without a mention (until I brought it up) of the peculiarly Black Country phemomenon that is the bright orange battered chip!

David

A bright orange batterd chip??? Need to see this as I love chips and my home team wear a tangerine kit it's one of my fav colours :LOL:

Went to the gym and walked back past the chippy noooooo the eat clean through the week rule would have gone if I had readies on me :oops:

Here you go:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Battered ... 0079315156

The orange dye in the batter was allegedly a WW2 invention designed to brighten up a bag of chips and relieve the general wartime gloom and austerity a bit. I like to think that the orangey-yellow colour might be in tribute to the Old Gold shirts worn at Molineux; I'm probably completely wrong though.

David

Will you guys stop with the food thread! Just had to have another wagon wheel!!!!

Mrs HM is out for a meal tonight so i have free choice of the chip shop!!!!!!!!!!!! Trying to stave off hunger till then as on a diet and this will be my blowout meal.

Large Haddock, Large Chips...but mushy peas or curry sauce? and of course DIET Coke :mrgreen:

Back