And today I did......

Yesterday when I was out cycling with the girls I noticed the swifts/swallows are here and just now when I was walking the dog the bats are out as well :shock:

Summers on its way :cool:

Today I proved with age does not neccesarilly come experience. Crashed my mtb tumbling sideways off a ridge all before 9am. No harm done to bike or me but I'd think I would have have got the hang of this mtb lark after 18 years :oops: :LOL:

Picked up some more tyres :D

New Panaracer smoke lite (rear)
New Bontrager Jones AC-X (26x2.2)
Used Bontrager jones XR rear(26x2.2)
I think the two bonty's might be F&R though theyre very different :?

Removed some bottom brackets... Have to admit, the cup and cone BBs are pretty funky, but not so much when the adjustable cup is a stuck. Got it eventually though, thanks to big breaker bar, G clamp and the bendy but unbreakable Park Tools pin spanner.

zigzag":33kgo6pq said:
Removed some bottom brackets... Have to admit, the cup and cone BBs are pretty funky, but not so much when the adjustable cup is a stuck. Got it eventually though, thanks to big breaker bar, G clamp and the bendy but unbreakable Park Tools pin spanner.

Usually find theyre a bit stuck but when you get them apart you find the inside is packed with grease and near pristine. The later sealed shimano ones though are excellent just do not compare fith the cup and cone on the old ones.Despite being between 30 and 50 yrs old.
We get loads of these in bike station and the majority are in very good condition.
The biggest prob i find is that sometimes the cotter pin gets bent inside the crank and it makes it near impossible to remove. if you cant get the cranks off it could end up a grinder job :?

Expect Velo to wade in here on the merits of cup and cone. :p :LOL:

Rats, am i that predictable :oops:

''........That I should wade in so far that return be as hard as go o'er......."

think thats MacBeth from my Higher English :LOL:

Cup and cone ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I rocked strava last night but ended up a wrecked mess half way through the ride, fitness is well down on what it needs to be..... So.... I have a place on the Etape going if anyone wants to enter in my name, donations welcomed as I'll be 65 quid out of pocket. It's this sunday, I can arrange pick up of my entry on the Saturday but that would mean arranging to meet someone up there before the ride to collect it.

How bizarre is this ? ....

I've been looking out for an old cheap 'racer' to use on the National road run in August rather than use the new Felt.
Saw an old Raleigh Europa on ebay only a few miles from me and got it for £33. Ok , it's not the best but I'll easily make a profit when I sell it on after the National.
Anyway , sent the seller a message with my phone number to arrange to pick it up and got a strange text in return. The guy was very friendly , telling me his name and his girlfriends name. Weird I thought. I called him back and he was chatting to me like an old mate. The penny still didnt drop. Doh :oops:
Then it clicked , it turned out the seller is my wifes best friends partner !
Small world indeed ...

small world and sounds like some good value :D

worked from 7am till 8pm, knackered, got home got packed, work a normal day tomorrow and then off up to kinlochewe for a few hills days (by foot, not velo)..

Latest posts

Back