PEUGEOT VITUS

asjc

Dirt Disciple
Hello all, a friend has an old vitus badged as peugeot ( i had one years ago badged as pechiney?) , dont beleive it is sprayed , anyway its very nice with complete gran sport i think, groupset and cobalto brakes, anybody know where he can find out more info on this, on the BB shell it has BREVETE CLB VITUS FAB-FRANCE E086108. Will try to get some pics out of him to make things easier.
Any help gratefully received.
Thanks
Adam

here is a carbon tubed peugeot with a vitus alloy fork ?

Attachments

• pv.jpg
    pv.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 425
similar but without the carbon, ne thinks it was a pro model. Think its 5 speed with tubs. Any thoughts ?

The rough translation (if you had not already sussed it) for what's written on the shell is Trademark CLB Vitus, Made in France and then the serial no.

Peugeot went through a phase of using Vitus steel tubing (IIRC in the mid eighties after their own brand carbolite tubing phase before going back to Reynolds in the late eighties). The s/n E086108 'may' indicate that it's a 1986 model which would tie in correctly.

Check out this link for catalogues which may help you a little further: http://www.cyclespeugeot.com/Catalogs.html

Bon chance,

Paul

Many thanks for the info and link, that looks like the thing, will pass it on. Any idea of value? its very clean. about 58 possible 60 cm so too big for me.
thanks
adam

asjc":3opbu0dm said:
Many thanks for the info and link, that looks like the thing, will pass it on. Any idea of value? its very clean. about 58 possible 60 cm so too big for me.
thanks
adam

As with anything secondhand - as much as someone is willing to pay ! Hard to tell without seeing pictures and a bit more detailed spec.

Back