Raleigh Dynatech MT4

Re: Raleigh Dynatech MT4 - Finished!

Here we go, adjustments;
New grey cables added , cut and re-routed properly.
Wellgo CNC 151 flat pedals
USE Seatpost and Bars (thanks ratcapa)
X-Lite QR seat bolt
Crank dust caps
longer 130' noodles
Sachs PC91 drilled chain

Just got to replace the freehub body as the bearings are gone, and add a couple of USE stickers to the Bars and voila!
Oh, and might (if I win the eBay bids) replace the seatpost with an USE Titanium one - which looks virtually identical, but a bit lighter.

WEIGHT - 24 lbs

Cheers!

next up, just in the process of buying an M-Trax 350 Elite

photocopy8.jpg

2cfe9dy.jpg

I do love a Dynatech, especially the MT4's. Always fancied a Ogre XT back in the day.

You have a lovely bike there and I know its a personal thing, but I wondered if you had considered putting some amberwall tyres on?

Giom6":3rkl65xs said:
I do love a Dynatech, especially the MT4's. Always fancied a Ogre XT back in the day.

You have a lovely bike there and I know its a personal thing, but I wondered if you had considered putting some amberwall tyres on?

Thanks man :)
To be honest these are the tyres I got with the wheels and haven't changed them.
I've been reluctant to as they perform really well.

I do think amber walls would look nicer though.

I think they would too. Not sure what they would have had originally, but it would sure look pretty!

A nice set of ground controls or Tioga's would look good...

Re: Raleigh Dynatech MT4 - work in progress!

Well, work in progress continues.
Changed Freehub Body
Bought some nice Cook Bros E type Cranks
Specialtes TA Zephyr Rings and the Shimano IG lightweight 7 speed cassette.
And a Royce Ti BB with Royce crank bolts.

Also bought some Phil Wood hubs with Campag Atek Rims and another set of 231 CD with Suntour XC Pro hubs.
Also looking to buy some Avid SD Ultimates for this bike.

May well build the 231 CD or Atek onto the Phil Wood hubs soon - and adorn the MT4 with them..watch this space!

photo.jpg

photo_copy_2.jpg

Well, today I removed the wheels!
And I had bought a pair of the same Mavic 231 CD but with Suntour XC Pro grease guard Hubs, smooth as butter.
I fit the Smoke and Darts onto them and onto the Dynatech - look far better, nicer, smoother, and the 7 speed XT mech and thumbies shift perfectly on the Suntour cassette! And also ordered a pair of Magnesium/Ti Avid Speed Dial SL polished brake levers levers!
Pics will be added soon!

Saddle - Flite Ti Gel
Brakes - Avid SD 7 levers and V Brakes.
Gear Levers - Shimano Deore XT thumb shift, 7 speed
BB – Royce Ti
Crank Bolts - Royce Ti
Chainset – Specialites TA Zephyr
Cranks - Cook Bros E cranks
Cassette – Shimano IG 7 sp
Chain - Sachs PC91 drilled
Fork - Pace RC30 Reynolds 531
Rims - Mavic M231 CD.
Hubs – Shimano Deore XT M732
Skewers - Syncros
Front & Rear Derailleur - Shimano Deore XT M73x
Headset – Mavic 316
Handlebars – USE
Stem – Syncros Cattleprod
Grips - Lizard Skin Peachy
Bar End plugs - X-Lite Ti
Seat Post – USE
Front Tyre – Panaracer Dart 2.1
Rear Tyre - Panaracer Smoke 2.1
Pedals - Wellgo CNC M151

Congrats,that looks fantastic,really like that.
I was in the Hope factory on friday.They had lots of modern,bouncy nonsense on show but in the corner was this beauty :cool:

sausagefingers":3777jvlh said:
Congrats,that looks fantastic,really like that.
I was in the Hope factory on friday.They had lots of modern,bouncy nonsense on show but in the corner was this beauty :cool:

Thanks man, that has to be one of the nicest Dynatech's I have ever seen. Stunning! And I didn't even know this one existed!
I wonder how many more race bred examples are to be found ?
I wonder if you know much about this particular bikes history and the rider?
And take any more photos? It sure puts most bouncy modern nonsense to shame and deserves the space!

Thanks man! :) where's the Hope factory? And can you just pop in for visits?

And any chance of posting this in te dynatech appreciation thread??

Sorry,don't know anything about the bike or rider.I was there on friday picking up my old mono m4 brakes which had been in for a rebuild,factory is fairly close to me in Barnoldswick so dropped them off rather than posting.Spotted the Raleigh on my way out,it was downstairs under the staircase looking very sorry for itself so took a quick pic.the bike in the background looked like an old retro downhill machine but I was pushed for time so didn't get a good look at it.The Raleigh just looked like it had come straight from a race,plenty of signs of wear but still looking good.
I'll stick the picture up in the appreciation thread

cheers

I bought some lovely Suntour XC Pro hubs on Mavic 231 CD.
And managed to fit them on - they are buttery smooth, blingy, and so much of an improvement on the Shimano XT M73x I had.

I also added an alloy Specialites TA granny ring to finish it off - replacing the Steel TA one which I had.
Added a new USE Alloy seatpost - nice and shiny polished like the stem - with a hint of anodised red to match the pedals.

Back