Name that Seatpost - Oddyssy with built in pump!

taffy

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
OK I have no idea what this is bar a funky Odyssey post.

A post liek any other the major quirk being it's a pump as well.!

and it works (well it does with no saddle attached!) pumped up two tyres with it no problem (quite a good pump actually!)

A mad design with a brass knurled schrader adapter at the saddle end and the normal pump workings inside i'd like to know what it is before i list it rather than go "dunnow" to questions

Marked as Odyssy below the max height line. there appeared to be some white lettering below the clamp at the back but it's all pretty much gone.

I imagine... the whole pump/post is passed through the wheel and the saddle butts up against the tyre/wheel.

this is what happens when a couple of engineers and marketing guys go for a 4 pint lunch.

Yup, it's an Aerator. Take post out of frame, thread through wheel handle first, attach to valve.

If it's a 27.2mm one I might possibly be interested -- I've got one but the internals have disintegrated. It was OE spec on the bike it's on so it'd be quite nice to have one that works :) I keep meaning to try and cannibalise the guts of a minipump to see if I can bring it back to life, but haven't quite got around to it...

Back