How many bikes is TOO MANY

My aim (yes cos thats going to happen :D ) is to have just the 2

The Roadbike for when its just me and my thoughts :cool:

The Mountain bike for when the kids are with me :D

....all I can say is "...until you've found the holy grail keep trying, and then when you do, get at least a couple of them".

I'm interested in riders for specific purposes and seasons. Got out of control when I got all sorts of tyres, which lead to more
wheels, which lead to more frames, which lead to more parts, which lead to more spare parts. Highlight just buying a bike
for the crank then deciding to keep the bike, then upgrading it, then keeping it as the MTB drop-bar for the three weeks in Spring. :facepalm:

Now I'm on the holy grail of finding the "ultimate do it all" bike which I know is a pointless exercise and I know I won't get rid of
the front suspension bike, the mud bike, the fast hardpack bike, the snow / ice SS bike, the errand bike, the long-distance
light off-road CX, the comfy tourer.

well,i have 8 riders,2 frames,tons of bits and pieces and a couple of trikes aswell,i have sold two in the past 7 days,so the count would of been higher,but if the wife asks i only have 3.ok. :oops: :oops:

26, I think. I'd have to wander around the house+garage and count to be sure.

I want to add a HT dirt SS (my current one is a rigid urban setup - may convert the Zaskar over), and a road SS. I don't want to convert any of the current road bikes over, so I'm going to have to buy/build something, and maybe a Yeti PRO FRO........and......and........

a nice mountain bike that suits the conditions I ride in
a nice road bike that suits the conditions I ride in
one i'm not afraid to leave outside the pub.

job done.

the only definition of too many is when you have more bikes than you have space. (hence my bedroom became a workshop haha) although I honestly dont have that many.

most of them were BMXs which I knew I couldnt ride yet bought them anyway. there does seem to be an addiction to bikes, once you start you just cant stop. I mean I have 2 BMX projects, one rideable BMX that Ive built up (sister's) sorry make that 2, I forgot the ruption rat :LOL: . mountain bikes there's my dad's one, my marin and a couple of spares bikes that have been exhausted for parts and really should have been disposed of a long time ago. somehow the 'but it might come in handy' phrase came into play :roll: and thats been cut down a lot since I got rid of several mountain bikes and a load of BMX projects (think I had 7 BMXs at one point)

problem I have is I have the marin - I dont need another bike and I cant do a lot of riding due to my health so more than one mountain bike is absolutely pointless and I know it. So why oh why can I not stop looking on facebook sites, ebay, gumtree etc in the bike categories looking for another retro bike (So very nearly bought my old marin back from someone else last month and keep regretting not getting it). Its a curse (on my bank balance) I tell you.

3 rideable.

2 in bits but with all parts allocated, just need building up.

1 frameset in limbo.

Not enough time to use any of them anything like as much as I'd like. But truth be told I'm happy with my lot. I always said I'd like an early / mid 90s rigid steel Stumpie, but that could go either way, really. I suspect I may well stick at what I've got.

WOOOOOOHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

Just sold a bike so i am down to just 10 :D

Soon i wont have to sleep on the sofa :oops:

Back