Frame Help Please

Tecnick

Retro Newbie
A freind serviced my wifes bike whilst training as a bike mechanic at Cylcle re-cycle in Hebden Bridge, whilst doing so he found a crack and so built the original parts on to a Raleigh europa frame. Can anyone help by telling me something about it. I am thinking of riding it with the west yorkshire gang.

Thanks

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 273
  • DSCN0373.JPG
    DSCN0373.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 273
I can't believe no one has any info about my Raleigh Europa, with all the collective brains of all you retro people!! I have googled it but 99.9% of the info comes up with a circa '70's road bike so that didn't help either :facepalm:
Cheers Nick

Little is known because its a Raleigh from the early to mid 2000's and based on a pic i've seen of one for sale not particularly high spec. Most retrobikers favour more retro steeds with higher specs unfortunately so the Europa looks solidly blue collar. However it doesn't matter what its provenance is if its vaguely retro and you enjoy using it, get out and ride ;)

velomaniac":11m3altk said:
Little is known because its a Raleigh from the early to mid 2000's and based on a pic i've seen of one for sale not particularly high spec. Most retrobikers favour more retro steeds with higher specs unfortunately so the Europa looks solidly blue collar. However it doesn't matter what its provenance is if its vaguely retro and you enjoy using it, get out and ride ;)

Amen :cool:

Thats interesting, not that old eh. It is quite well specced at the mo with oldish xt all round and those rather nice forks so will probably ride as is 'till the perfect frame crops up. Thanks for the help

Cheers Nick

Back