Raleigh M-Trax Top & Bottom tube

RichMTrax

Dirt Disciple
Hi I have a bit of a strange question but does anyone know what the clear coat covering on the top and bottom tube,s on a M-trax is, it feels and looks like plastic, I was going to wet flat it to get some scuffs out then Mop polish it, but after looking at it not sure if it will work.

Any advice would be great, I guess worse case I just flat it back and re Clear coat.

cheers
Rich

Is this a lugged and Ti tubed frame?
If so, then the entire tube is covered in a large sticker.
While I'm at it, it takes a surprisingly small amount of heat to destroy the bonding.

Well as far as I know It is a M-trax 1000 If that means anything, With K2 tubing. thats all I can work out as the decals were all peeling and missing.

I think I have sorted it to be honest, To me It is a Plastic coating either sprayed or Sticker, as it is quite thick, but did manage to get a few marks out with Wet Flatting and alot of 3m Fine Cut. So it will do the job until I decided if to Strip and repaint.

I am a little concerned By the comment of a little heat can destroy the bonding, surly keeping in a shed etc Is not a problem, I have heard about the odd one coming undone near the seat tube and BB shell, but all looks good to me, I guess I will just have to wait and keep fingers crossed.

I know most people do not like this model as it is the K2 Tubing and people say it is a cheap model, but I think it will make a perfect touring bike for me, so I m happy with my £50 purchase

Has anyone else heard about the frames becoming unbonded?????

RichMTrax":cv2e535x said:
Has anyone else heard about the frames becoming unbonded?????

It has been known to happen occasionally, never happened to me though.

The reference to heat is mainly aimed at high temperatures above say 180-200degrees "c", the sort of tempeature you might get if your frame were sent for powdercoat for example, then there might be the chance that you would come unstuck (pun intended :facepalm: ).
Although I have heard of people having the bonded frames powdercoated without issue, personally I would't chance it, wet paint would be my choice.

The reference to heat was more to do with how you might remove the decals.
I have one here that came apart surprisingly easily with heat.

Back