BITD photos

marge602

Retro Guru
Hi folks. Been meaning to dig out some of my old bike photos and scan them so i can post on rb for a while. So, from top to bottom: my '91 Zaskar, sometime around '92 cos the original XC LTD(i think) looks to have made way for some Shimano thumbies and an XT rear mech. The flip-flop stem also got the chop, seem to recall it creaked horrendously. A Vetta SL and a purple ano Ringle replaced the stock items. Finished off with plenty of stickers, cos i was in my late teens

Next up, Zaskar with my mate's same era Pantera. Have a feeling it was a '92 model though, Not many mods, but note the "dinner plate" big ring. All the rage round our way back then.

Last, but definitely not least is my '92 Dawes The Edge, in its original incarnation. This is about '94. I bought it as a pile of bits, and it had a Shimano mish mash, Wheelsmith wheels(spesh rims on XT hubs), a Velocity stem and my beloved battered Turbo. Tyres iirc were a Smoke at the back and a Cannibal up front. Shades are period Oakley Frogskins. Note also original "bowling shoe" SPDs. Those things lasted for years! So has the Dawes, although it did have a good decade long rest.

Regards

Marge

Attachments

• scan0001 (800x545).jpg
    scan0001 (800x545).jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 350
  • scan0002 (800x547).jpg
    scan0002 (800x547).jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 350
  • scan0008 (800x542).jpg
    scan0008 (800x542).jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 350
Love the muddy edge :cool:

I had a '90 raw nerve that I fitted a bunch of M732 XT to, which also spent a lot of time plastered in countryside.

001-9.jpg

And talking of big rings, here's 52teeth on it and semislicks :shock: Great for slipstreaming buses on b-roads (I must have been mental) :facepalm:

004-7.jpg

Nice looking GT's ,I have a 92 pantera like that cept in the hooje size like your zaskar

Pic of me below in 2000 I think racing in the Dragon Downhill Series at Longmoor on my Gt Lobo - a bike that I should never have got rid of :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

IMG261_zps0bd9afed.jpg

Back