Concorde Squadra

Old Ned":2dr9sw7x said:
Martin Earley was riding his old PDM team bike in the Johnny Helms Memorial 2-up last week. Complete with Delta's etc, very nice. It looks very similar to yours but there ought to be some photos of the event available somewhere which should show it. I'll try and find one.

BTW, Adrian Timmis also rode the event - on his ANC Peugeot and complete with ANC jersey.

Still haven't found a photo of Martin in the race. However, I was told the other day that the paint scheme was a 'special' limited version team issue as it has decals stating that the bike is 'all European'. As and when I find out more - I'll be back!

I'm watching this build with interest, as I'm in the process of gathering parts for an 80's Concorde Astore.

Put the bottom bracket in on the weekend and also polished the handlebars. They were basic Deda bars in a dull anodised silver, so didn't look too crash hot. Got stuck into them with some wet and dry and they came up quite nicely. Still got to polish them a little more though. Next up is to install the brake and gear cables.

The right hand side shows what they looked like before polishing.

IMG_1878.JPG

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1884.JPG

Old thread I'm only coming across now. I have this bike fully built with the original Campag Components. As far as i know I bought it with all the original parts. Let me know if you want me to try gets some pics of it up.

NeilM":27wc935z said:
There are a few Concorde fans here ;)

And here is another one. I own a 1989 Concorde Gavina frame in Columbus SL. I say I own the frame because components are always changing, at the moment it is converted into a fixed gear. Yes, I know, it scratches sacrilege, but at present time I do not have resources to fit it with a nice groupset.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=204339

@J8B: I will follow your thread with interest, you are doing with your Squadra the same thing I would like to do with my Gavina: a modern 10 spd groupset and parts. I love Shimano´s 105 series, I have one fitted on a Giant TCR, it is very precise and never lets me down.

Keep us updated!

Been super busy since my last post, but the bike has been finished. I'll get some photos up shortly, but it turned out surprisingly light (haven't weighed it, but it feels light). Had to fashion a cable holder for the rear stay cable guide out of a rear derailleur adjuster. Not sure how the rear stay guide is supposed to work but the hole was a consistent diameter.

Very nice looking original squadra there seskin.

Back