Cinelli Zydeco CX/Path/Gravel/Commuter

Bit of a hiatus on this over the last few days as I learned the hard way regarding road levers and mtb calipers not being compatible!

Turns out I was oblivious to the fact that mtb versions of the bb7 calipers were a thing!

Hopefully I'll have it working properly this week at some point.

Bit of a hiatus on this over the last few days as I learned the hard way regarding road levers and mtb calipers not being compatible!

Turns out I was oblivious to the fact that mtb versions of the bb7 calipers were a thing!

Hopefully I'll have it working properly this week at some point.

and the road version are of course more expensive!

Have a set of these on my gravel bike, they work well and aren’t too expensive. A few other users on here too.

CNC Hydraulic Disc Brakes Set,Mountain bike Hydraulic Disc Brake Set Front and Rear Line Pulling Hydraulic Disc Brake Caliper set. https://amzn.eu/d/5DawOdF

Have a set of these on my gravel bike, they work well and aren’t too expensive. A few other users on here too.

CNC Hydraulic Disc Brakes Set,Mountain bike Hydraulic Disc Brake Set Front and Rear Line Pulling Hydraulic Disc Brake Caliper set. https://amzn.eu/d/5DawOdF

they look decent for the money - do they work ok with road shifters? i fitted the trp hyd-rd on my wifes' gravel bike and they work well but obviously much more expensive.

they look decent for the money - do they work ok with road shifters? i fitted the trp hyd-rd on my wifes' gravel bike and they work well but obviously much more expensive.
I’m running them with Sora 9sps, they are fine for my usage and I think they’re better than the standard spyres.

The one thing I noticed, full transparency here. There is a tiny bit of movement when they are locked. Imagine holding the front brake with an ever so slightly loose headset, it’s that sort or play a mm if that when you rock the bike back and forward you notice. I’ve not investigated if it’s my poor fitment or a tolerance / flaw in the design.

Bit of an update, the calipers I bought to replace the mtb BB7s were indeed TRP Spyres. Fitted this evening and the cable pull/modulation is spot on! I think I will get some new pads (these are used calipers) and see how I go!

Bit of an update, the calipers I bought to replace the mtb BB7s were indeed TRP Spyres. Fitted this evening and the cable pull/modulation is spot on! I think I will get some new pads (these are used calipers) and see how I go!
make sure you fit decent compression-less outer cables and they'll perform very well.

Back