Cinelli Zydeco CX/Path/Gravel/Commuter

Quick spin down the local paths last night to get acquainted with it.

Rear brake is able to lock up which is great but front seems a bit soft. Will get add some pads to the shopping list!

Attachments

• IMG_20230721_210958.jpg
    IMG_20230721_210958.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
A couple of weeks later and it's now in a place I'd call complete. I've since fitted:

New Swiss stop pads

More new brake cable (didn't need the inline adjusters so wanted them eradicated)

Bar tape (supacaz fade)

Absolutely fantastic to ride and so much fun at the same time. I've even found some new tracks in the area as well.

A pic from tonight whilst in some woodland.

IMG_20230806_184721.jpg

Thought I'd pop an update in as it's been a while. I got a bit fed up of the cable discs last month, it seems like they need a lot of adjusting which does my head in really!

Partway through an upgrade to hydraulics, which also means making the jump to 11 speed. Ideally I'd have Ultegra throughout because the drive train components are fairly affordable second-hand, but the shifters hold their value, and, as it's a bike for riding on any terrain I'm going with function (and affordability!) over form.

In the end I'm going with Ultegra 6800 Cassette & Mechs, 105 R7020 shifters and post mount Ultegra/non series calipers. Awaiting a chain and gear cables and I'll have the gears all set up. Will leave my LBS to set the brakes up.

Pictures to follow!

Back