Look what I rescued from the TIP! M Trax Titanium

jimbog":1rbx8mlj said:
RockiMtn":1rbx8mlj said:
Nice rescue/score! Like the paint. What's the story on the tubing, is it all Ti?
Top, down and seat tubes are Ti. Headtube and seat post lug are aluminium. Rear stays and bottom bracket shell are cro moly. :)

wow, crazy! that's like 3 bikes in one! i'd definitely would have that if offered. very nice! ;)

our tip wont let us take them :( theres a recycle place that fixes things up and sells them at a huge profit (mainly furniture but do have a few bikes though) and they're the only ones allowed to take them which is annoying because there's usually some nice bikes in the container.

love that paintwork though. something about the glitter effect I love.

Barneyballbags":1gvru29n said:
A quick question regarding tip finds. How do you go about getting them?

I found a relatively nice bike in a skip at my local tip not so long ago, but when I enquired about it, the guy said that nobody (not even them apparently) was allowed in the skip to get it out..

I had the same from my local tip , they have loads of bikes in but when i asked i was told the only thing for sale was compost :roll:

Great find, I think that will look ace when its finished.

I wish I could find stuff like that at my local tip. I did find a set of brand new Tioga Psycho's and all they wanted was 50p :)

Looks like the 1993 M Trax 400 Duo Tech. And a very nice example. Hoping to rebuild my own frame of that model soon, which has been languishing in my mum's shed since 1997.

I have just bought a road bike off a guy who works at the tip, He has loads from there he does them up and sells them on cheap, Good recycing in my eyes, His garage is a gold mine ! He had just picked up a gary Fisher bike, It always amazes me what people throw away, I thought with ebay and gumtree you would nt see so much good gearat the tip !!!

I found this M-Trax Ti at the local tip last year.

They used to be pretty good at this but now they've come to an "arrangement" with a dealer who sells on Gumtree. :evil:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 379
My local one they say you have to have a Waste Control licence (something like that) to take stuff away. So won't let you take bikes. There was a guy locally who had such a licence and sold bikes on ebay. He said there was a warehouse full of them and he could buy them for £5 each (just randomly mixed bikes).

Barneyballbags":a0qmmgsl said:
A quick question regarding tip finds. How do you go about getting them?

I found a relatively nice bike in a skip at my local tip not so long ago, but when I enquired about it, the guy said that nobody (not even them apparently) was allowed in the skip to get it out..
my local tip was the same , i was told all they were allowed to sell was compost :shock:

Back