RM Altitude racer 1993 USA

Got my number, Nitromors let's you see it.
The problem is they didn't stamp hard and they have a double powder coat there neither is the thick style you often see on resprays though.
They coat the whole frame in the rear colour, then coat the front triangle again but in the front colour. Had to strip both to actually see it. The rattle can black I'd already taken off around there with propanone.
Best part, it means you didn't read all of this frames number You have RMA002xx. it's RMA002xxx

And she's made it onto UK shores... hopefully not much longer now. :D

Attachments

• rmalt.PNG
    rmalt.PNG
    26.3 KB · Views: 210
RockiMtn":2x0bxva1 said:
PeteC, can you please find me a Tantalus/Thunderbolt/Altitude please? THANKS! :D

I'm on it, Rocki. I saw a post on craigslist in Toronto where someone sold a Tantalus (or it might have a thunderbolt---it was one of the 2 unicorns we both want, either way) and the poster was looking for the person that bought it. Was that you? It wasn't me that bought it; I promise I won't poach anything in your backyard.

But the good Captain is correct...we're looking for the same size, so the depth of my charity might be tested a bit here. ;)

I did find a '93 Yo Eddy today, though, in my size. And it's going to be a keeper if I can wrangle it.

Found a reasonably nice Klein Pulse (1994) that I'm undecided on, and a 1995 Ibis Szabo that I bought...likely to flip/split.

Oh, and I'm lovin' the new sig Steve! Although I thought I was seeing double for a minute!

Haha cheers Pete ,not arrived yet but not far away
I expect she is in Nottingham now so will be here soon....my precious :shock:

Ok me hearties
I picked the Frame and a few bits up from the Percel Force depot in Nottingham on Friday and have only just had the time to start tinkering so a few pics of progress so far and a close up of the Chainsuck device.

Attachments

• Altitude US Chainsuck device.jpg
    Altitude US Chainsuck device.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 158
  • US Altitude Build pic 1.jpg
    US Altitude Build pic 1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 158
The Chainsuck device is beautifully simple you just have concentrically drilled Aluminium washers which you can adjust to meet the chainrings. I will get some new ones made up as these are a bit used.

I have also finally got a system for fitting bars into Syncros stems ...you just put the two bolts in from the inside and use a shim in the slot so that as you wind the bolts forward it opens up the slot ...simples I cant believe I never did that before .

PeteC":2oi0vn4b said:
RockiMtn":2oi0vn4b said:
PeteC, can you please find me a Tantalus/Thunderbolt/Altitude please? THANKS! :D

I'm on it, Rocki. I saw a post on craigslist in Toronto where someone sold a Tantalus (or it might have a thunderbolt---it was one of the 2 unicorns we both want, either way) and the poster was looking for the person that bought it. Was that you? It wasn't me that bought it; I promise I won't poach anything in your backyard.

Looked to be an extra large Thunderbolt. And no, not me. I try to avoid buying anything I can't ride. What's the point? :roll: unless you're looking to strip and flip it. :oops:

But yeah the wanted poster looking for that said Thunderbolt, he's a new local friend that I've made and he's becoming a RM crazy like me now. I've introduced him to RB, and I'm anticipating the trouble he's gonna get himself into! :LOL: He goes by shutter here, look out for him. ;)

Back