Square taper, grease or not!!!!

Steady blue....lighten up...[/quote]
You missed off Francis.

You did get the "slide off" there, didn't you - come on - some props for effort, this stuff doesn't just write itself.

And again with the lack of gag... - I want to see some effort, some metaphoric struggling with the extractor, some overcoming of stiction, something to lubricate the wheels of discussion.[/quote]

...you're all torque!

hollister":2aekqzt7 said:
You've learned nothing from this

Maybe you should fake some more pictures

...and that from the country that gave us 'Man walking on the Moon!' ;)

I can honestly say, hand on heart, there was absolutely nothing fake about that photo...

...I was taking the crankset off Pierres Trek to box it up ready for dispatch when it happened; couldn't quite believe it myself either but there you go, just had to be included!

Abject apologies for boringly gag-less content :facepalm:

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding! Round 7.

Gentlemen, We have been asked a direct, no nonsense question. A fellow member indicated that he/she "can't be arsed to read the previous 11 pages so can we just cut to the chase, grease or not?" Being that the Vatican is Popeless, and this thread is hopeless -

Is the answer...
"It conditionally depends on; your occupation, education, and IQ?" or "It doesn't really matter, do what works for you." I request a direct Yea/Nay vote from the readership. Twenty pages here we come!

:facepalm:

...if you insist

It conditionally depends on; your occupation, education, and IQ?" - the answer is Yes
It doesn't really matter, do what works for you - the answer is Yes

...glad to be of service in clearing this up ;)

After seeing what Coca Cola did to the rust on my chain, I'm now going to put it in my BB shell and onto the tapers. Methinks it'll protect the parts better than grease does.

:LOL:

Latest posts

Back