My Jan de Reus

:D Here it is.

It is made with Columbus slx tubing and has the same chrome details as yours.
Build up mostly with Campagnolo Chorus
The previous owner opted for this Stronglight crank because it came with 180 mm arms and proudly told me he finished some of his trials above 49 km average :D
Unfortunatly it is actually a little bit to big for me because I had not noticed this particular seatstay arrangement end thought it would be a 55 cm. :(

2dglsuq.jpg

In Amsterdam just now, just seen an awsome Jan de Reus from the seventies on the Waterlooplein, blue, white decals, shimano group, good price...tempted..!

Yes, Waterloopplein :) Last summer a stand was offering a very nice Stephy Sport. Circa 1970, Nuovo Record, MAFAC centre pulls, beautifull chrome ...and the price was quite sympathic. Sadly it was too small for me.

The guy is a nice guy, he's an ex racer and sells these old roadbikes with his brother; he's got some great bikes, he has his own old bike too, a yellow 1978 - all campagnolo , mavic etc RIH, great!! Took some pics of the stand, will post when I'm back in Scotland! Incl the Reus!

That market bikestand has really grown last two years and the guy is nice indeed :) Two weeks ago he even had two Reus bikes and both of them pretty nice. I remember he had some some Concordes and a Van Tuyl as well hanging in the bunch.

JYvdK":2fxta2uj said:
You mean this one with the white plastic headset?

b9f706b7-20fe-436b-8cd1-34c0ce18b3c0_zps331604dd.jpg
Yes that de Reus was still hanging over there next to a de Reus stepthrough. :)

I can see in the other thread that you managed to capture that nice little stars and stripes Concorde :cool:

Latest posts

Back