Define 'DIBS' Thread

'dibs' onm the next answer please - I need something dull and boring to send me to sleep later - witty / funny to wake me up...

MikeD":1o1i04dy said:
jonrock":1o1i04dy said:
If I dib something. It means I want the item and I'll pay the asking price simple.

Most people use the phrase "I'll take that, payment details please" under those circumstances. Saves a lot of confusion ;)

This would seem the obvious answer.

Anyhow slightly against my better judgement I'll let this run, sure someone can squeeze in some more gags.

John":mqmxc629 said:
MikeD":mqmxc629 said:
jonrock":mqmxc629 said:
If I dib something. It means I want the item and I'll pay the asking price simple.

Most people use the phrase "I'll take that, payment details please" under those circumstances. Saves a lot of confusion ;)

This would seem the obvious answer.

Anyhow slightly against my better judgement I'll let this run, sure someone can squeeze in some more gags.
legrandefromage":mqmxc629 said:
'dibs' onm the next answer please - I need something dull and boring to send me to sleep later - witty / funny to wake me up...

Was that enough for you LGF?

legrandefromage":2a3i8sd9 said:

dips.jpg

Lt5IpACaGXmVyaRBtkZ81276427702.jpg

297398666875.jpg

one for our very own straightedge ;)

G

People are always up for a debate. But when you start getting offensive to people then they don't like it. Like calling people flakes or taking the p*ss over liking Pace frames. I can't stand Klein's - over priced and never ridden most of the time so pointless bulls**t posturing owning one IMO. But I wouldn't ridicule someone because of it.

Flakes= People that mess people about that spoil it for the other honest buyers

The Pace comment was a joke! Because I get 'its only a used bike part' comment but thats not my beef is it...

Why do I care what you think of Kleins????

How long have you been on the forum....? Not long... I remember a time when there wasnt all this controversy that seems to influence your opinion on them...

J

I onced dibbed a set of keys in a bowl on a table, until I saw the owner..it was a particulary odd night

sylus":292jz2eb said:
I onced dibbed a set of keys in a bowl on a table, until I saw the owner..it was a particulary odd night

I believe in Observed Trials parlance that would be referred to as a dab.

lawson":31u53l52 said:
I think it comes down to your 'way of thinking', I thought, in fairness to Jon, that if you dibs'd something then it could be considered held until further instruction?

I'd be miffed if that happened to me to be honest.

I thought Retrobike worked in a 'mates' style transaction format...

I had two people who dibbed something I was selling. After saying they definately wanted it, I was told I would have to wait a week untill pay day.
It happened from two people in the same item. I never heard from either person again.
So, no dibs on my items anymore.

Back