Look kg243

bigpantswheels

Devout Dirtbag
I don't know if you would consider a 15 year old bike retro, but it's still a pretty steel bike. This is my wife's late 90's Look kg243 made of Columbus Neuron steel.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 607
I've got one as well. Love the look of them.
Red tape looks good, given me inspiration for my build.

i really like it, tyres and h tape work well i reckon ! I also like the chrome head tub lugs which create a flow to the front..great.

I've been trying to find out more about my bike, I have been told this is probably a 1999 or 1998, but information is scarce on these. I don't think that these were actually made by Look but I haven't been able to find out who really built these frames. The only ones of this era that I've seen were in this color scheme and they were always claimed to be from 1999. It is constructed of Columbus Neuron tubing and has an English threaded bottom bracket.

retrobike post 2011 say's built by billato <brothers ? > italy . I presume it's the same firm which built my lemond gan early 1990/s . you really need to speak to some one who is clued up on the history of look and when their last steel frames were sold . I would be interested in what other models in carbon and alluminium they had for sale in 1998 .

Yep 1999
Billato is correct, LOOK design, made in Italy.

The KG233 was similar but Columbus Brain tubing and blue colours instead of red and Neuron tubing.

LOOK's top carbon road frame in 1999 was the KG296 (successor of the KG196) which is super rare, especially in time trial guise!!!!

Back