Muddyfox Courier - Poss 1988, info wanted.

very nice courier mr gobbler :cool:

just a shame you're missing some of your decals ;)

IMG_0563.jpg

And :LOL:

Yeah.... :( I miss that and the Farmer John's Cousins that were originally on it...I still have one worth using, but the rear was shredded some time ago.

The bike had quite a few years of hard use in the early 90's and regular cleaning probably didn't help, eventually it lost the protective film over the decal on the chain-ring and then one by one the beautiful gold letters started to disappear..

Muddy Fox

Mud.y Fox

.ud.y .ox

..d.y ..x

With my O.C.D. :roll: this letter loss situation was keeping me awake at night...so I took off all of the letters and just left the pawprint!! Phew!!

I did wonder if I could get a replacement decal somewhere? Any ideas?

Cheers

Lobby Gobbler":33srwbdx said:
With my O.C.D. :roll: this letter loss situation was keeping me awake at night...so I took off all of the letters and just left the pawprint!! Phew!!

I did wonder if I could get a replacement decal somewhere? Any ideas?

Cheers

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Did you used to work with Reggie Perrin at "UNS INE DES RTS"?

Gil_m here has or can make up just about any decal - whether he has the "sticky back plastic chain ring decal" from an obscure but much loved old friend is another matter.

I'll try and figure out how to scan mine on the photocopier (TBH mine's now leading a bit of a life and the decal is no longer what it was :oops: )

And :cool:

I am now in my garden investigating this situation due to the fact i now have more muddy foxes than kleins. I am researching, but at the mo this one is a 1990 and the white muddy is a resprayed 1997 with 88 decals. but saying that i know that at the end of 87 the 88 decals were put on 87 and then half way through 88 they change the frame. I love this site it gives me somthing to do apart from rob the germans of kleins, oh and the americans before they complain

thanks andy

Anyone have suggestion for replacement rear mech for this (something period ?).

I have snaffled the XT one its wearing for my Zaskar and prices for Suntour Accushift seem to be north of thirty quid (more than twice what the bike cost !).

I am after a relatively cheap and chearful solution to get it running.

MADJEZ":1lp0fh65 said:
Anyone have suggestion for replacement rear mech for this (something period ?).

I have snaffled the XT one its wearing for my Zaskar and prices for Suntour Accushift seem to be north of thirty quid (more than twice what the bike cost !).

I am after a relatively cheap and chearful solution to get it running.

Patience, it should have a 3040 Accushift and they do come up on ebay from time to time and only go for peanuts.

Carl.

drcarlos":3ntrv1vn said:
Patience, it should have a 3040 Accushift and they do come up on ebay from time to time and only go for peanuts.

Carl.

Taa, I thought it was a 4050 hence the price, that would work out the same as the XT one I'd removed.

I picked one of these up aswell, yesterday.

All there, except the back tyre has been replaced. Just needs a wash a service and some new cables.

IMG_1804_zpsa9745988.jpg

IMG_1562_zpsd61d69ca.jpg

The rear mech is a 4050 ;)

Back