Separating Shifters and Brake Levers

oldave

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
My D'back Ascent has combined shifter/levers - the shifters Exage Mountain 6 speed "thumbies" and the levers BL - M451. The shifters are bolted from the underside on to the main unit. I like the shifters but not the levers! Is there any accepted/easy way of mounting the shifters alone?

Thanks!

can you show me a side -on and underside pic of the shifters? I have some mounts for older Shimano indexed thumbies - they use a smaller fitting and are shallower than DeoreII

I doubt that this is clear enough, LGF - but more will require daylight in the a.m.!

The hex head bolt that attaches the shifter is to the right. There are two "grooves" in the mount where it wraps beneath the front/underneath of the 'bars.

DSC_0977_zpsf6a18712.jpg

Thanks for response.

oldave":14pkwskb said:
I doubt that this is clear enough, LGF - but more will require daylight in the a.m.!

The hex head bolt that attaches the shifter is to the right. There are two "grooves" in the mount where it wraps beneath the front/underneath of the 'bars.

DSC_0977_zpsf6a18712.jpg

Thanks for response.

If you can send me the shifters, I have mounts that fit.

Thanks both - as I suspected not as easy as I hoped. Nothing new there then!

When I figure out a good time to go without the bike for a while, then I'll be in touch, LGF - and arrange an appropriate fee. My thanks for the offer.

Back