Raleigh Kalahari seatpost diameter

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Need some help here guys, i am struggling to find the seatpost diameter for my Raleigh Kalahari frame, i have done the usual searches (this forum, Sheldon etc) but nothing :? :(

Its the last part i need before i can ride it ;)

Help me, help me please

Anyone help with this, i have tried a 27.0 mm seatpost and its too big.

Sadly i am trying to finish buying bits for the build but working away i cant check the bike myself :oops:

widowmaker":ah52sjtk said:

I was wondering why I hadn't seen any completed pics. :cry:

That will teach us both to presume. :D

Crantinope":y6q79d1k said:
widowmaker":y6q79d1k said:

I was wondering why I hadn't seen any completed pics. :cry:

That will teach us both to presume. :D

The bike is almost finished, a few small bits to finish and ill post some pictures :D

I don't know the Kalahari but a lot of cheaper Raleighs are 25.4mm or 1".
Do you have a 25.4mm quill stem you could try for size (1 1/8" headset) or some forks with a 1" steerer?

Apologies if it's a high end model!

EDIT: handlebars are generally 25.4mm at the centre, I'm not sure you'd get a bent one down far enough to find out though.
Alternatively, hold the clamp end of a stem over the seattube hole and see if it looks the same diameter.

Rampage":2sxr4vaf said:
I don't know the Kalahari but a lot of cheaper Raleighs are 25.4mm or 1".
Do you have a 25.4mm quill stem you could try for size (1 1/8" headset) or some forks with a 1" steerer?

Apologies if it's a high end model!

EDIT: handlebars are generally 25.4mm at the centre, I'm not sure you'd get a bent one down far enough to find out though.
Alternatively, hold the clamp end of a stem over the seattube hole and see if it looks the same diameter.

Thanks for that, ill give it a try :)

What year is yours? Mine measures 27.2mm, although it is seized in there so could be that the previous owner stuck a too big post in there.

Perhaps 26.8?

stu76":3sa1cmjz said:
What year is yours? Mine measures 27.2mm, although it is seized in there so could be that the previous owner stuck a too big post in there.

Perhaps 26.8?

I am not sure what year mine is, i may be able to tell from the frame number.

I have tried a 27.0, i think but may be confused. Luckily i am home at the weekend so ill try my collection of seatpost again :LOL:

Thanks for the help :cool:

Back