1991 ex-Barrie Clarke Team Raleigh DynaTech

I remember Barrie Clarke using this frame, (this rear end as opposed to the later wishbone) and also using what i believe to be a pre-production (prototype..?) X-Lite Fork.

Im confident the spec wasnt Campagnolo, but im blowed if i can remember details.

Can anybody add any info here,...? I may be going mad, but i dont think it was the XTR spec used on the later wishbone models as used by the team mates.

I almost wanna Guess and say XT predating XTR given the frame type beng early 91 and the fork being used may have been the Prototype.. :?

As i say memories not what it was and it was a long time ago... :oops:

Given the critical state this bike was in, and what would be required for a frame builder to resolve its issues, and due to it being a composite bonded mix, i think it would be a great if you could find a replacement rear end, as a kinda saftey net. it would certainly be an option made easier, if ever needed.

Given its a " British Heritage Bike " im so pleased its being saved from the clutches of the Scrap man.

I seem to remember at some point a road rear meh being used by the Raleigh team? A Dura-Ace one? Could have been with other Shimano stuff too but not sure.

Not sure what year this is, but this is definitely an X-Lite fork and it looks like M900 XTR to me:

Barrie Clarke by iBike pics, on Flickr

Slightly better pic -- appears to be pre-wishbone frame in this one, same spec as the one above so presumably the same bike:

Barrie Clarke by iBike pics, on Flickr

Although that one's captioned as being taken in 1993, so might be a bit late for your purposes.

Bit of proto suspension action in this one:

MTB Legends by Graeme Warren, on Flickr

The frame has the original fork and headset with it, so it's not an X-lite fork one like the above.
IMGP0161_zps9f859715.jpg

I did find a half decent picture of my bike with BC holding it on the Internet somewhere but I can't find it now.

Ah Brilliant pics. and it was m900 after all. :cool:

Now seeing the You Tube footage and these pics, what was the tubing difference between the wishbone variant and the twin stay..? If any..?

Most of the Raleigh team reps from this age are carrying Suntour parts and decals or would that have been 1990? It's difficult to tell with a lot a Raleigh bikes as the years blurred a bit.
I reckon 1990 and 1991 could have been XC Pro.
The 3 members who might be able to help would be carltondynatech (he bought new and still owns a team rep dynatech) , sinnett (had Adrian Timmis' ex-team bike) or bikemeister2000 (he worked for Raleigh Special Products in these years).

Carl.

Surely it can't be M900 XTR as that didn't come out till 1992!!

I am fairly sure it had Campag on it. I will ask the bloke I bought it off as he originally had the full bike. :-D

I would stick with Campagnolo as per the video, spec there apart from rubber is pretty cut and dried.

Great bike and indeed a project that will need to built as it was BITD :cool:

I used to work in my local Raleigh shop between 1990 & 1993 and one of my mates bought David Bakers ex 1990 race bike in 1992 through the shop ,it was the same as this with full campag and had cool blue anno cantilevers, there as a picture of the actual bike with Dave and the team in an article in MBUK, I had asked him for pics of it for Mark's build as he took lots of pics of it for insurance purposes in 1992, If I ever get him to get them scanned I will post up for all to see.

Back