Kona's page

Hello everyone at Kona´s page.

As I´m newbie, a few weeks ago I presented my 1992 Kona Cinder Cone at the "general" chat, but now that I noticed that this thread exists, I think it´s precedent doing it also here.

As you can see on the pictures, the bike is pristine (not restored), due to the its last owner only rode it for 20 kilometers 21 years ago... Then he kept it at his home until today. The only thing I had to do was cleaning it a little bit and...take the pictures!

It has all its original components, excepting the XTR cantilevers and the Megamo anodized "Gorila" (as we call it in Spain) horse shoe. Equlibirium and Propulsion tyres, Combo Cage, the Avocet customized saddle, Joe Murray components...everything is original and looks like new.

Hope you like it!

Cheers

Attachments

• Cinder Cone PK1.jpg
    Cinder Cone PK1.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 801
  • Cinder Cone PK2.jpg
    Cinder Cone PK2.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 800
  • Cinder Cone PK5.jpg
    Cinder Cone PK5.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 800
  • Cinder Cone PK7.jpg
    Cinder Cone PK7.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 801
  • Cinder Cone PK6.jpg
    Cinder Cone PK6.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 801
  • Cinder Cone PK8.jpg
    Cinder Cone PK8.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 800
  • Cinder Cone PK9.jpg
    Cinder Cone PK9.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 800
  • Cinder Cone PK3.jpg
    Cinder Cone PK3.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 800
Preciosa":g4128uzm said:
¡Qué bonito! :)

But by catalogue it's original build with Suntour XC Ltd and Dia Compe 986 brakes. ;)

Muchas gracias! ;)

Yes, it´s something strange, but I´ve seen some differences between the Konas sold in Spain´s market and the rest, during those early 90´s years...
And not only components, but colours and so on. Anyone knows why? For example, my ´93 Lava Dome was white, but on the catalogue and UK´s market I saw it bi-color (I think it was something like grey-black).

Josh#78":1s6ivnxr said:
Hello everyone at Kona´s page.

As I´m newbie, a few weeks ago I presented my 1992 Kona Cinder Cone at the "general" chat, but now that I noticed that this thread exists, I think it´s precedent doing it also here.

As you can see on the pictures, the bike is pristine (not restored), due to the its last owner only rode it for 20 kilometers 21 years ago... Then he kept it at his home until today. The only thing I had to do was cleaning it a little bit and...take the pictures!

It has all its original components, excepting the XTR cantilevers and the Megamo anodized "Gorila" (as we call it in Spain) horse shoe. Equlibirium and Propulsion tyres, Combo Cage, the Avocet customized saddle, Joe Murray components...everything is original and looks like new.

Hope you like it!

Cheers

i do..very nice.. :cool: timeless classic :cool: ..good for you mate

Ernie ;)

]

Not that retro but fun all the same!

Here is my newly built Humu

image_zps112208a4.jpg

95 Cindercone build

Only the frame and seat post are original parts - but it retains the Kona spirit - rides and handles beautifully and fast as ...!

Attachments

• 95 cindercone (800x601).jpg
    95 cindercone (800x601).jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 463
Back