Who's got a 29'er?

yo-eddy":16m4xxge said:
What frame are you intending to use the Knards on? Needs to have heaps of clearance.

I'm going to try on my P29er, with the drop outs fully extended, reckon they'll fit. If not, I may get a custom titanium frame from China made. Haven't built my P35 wheels yet so will probably leave the Knards to next winter. Lots of fun in the snow Saturday - 6 hour ride down around Devil's Punchbowl and back. Despite running tyres at 20psi, snow was too deep and soft for traction in places

My own Ti 29er, non-suspension corrected, 11 spd Alfine, sliders, Magura Marta brakes, Rotor & KCNC other bits. :D

6f476edf.jpg

I don't think it looks too freaky or bent in the middle like so many 29ers.

All the best,

Coo, nice bike mister.

That really is a very un 29er looking 29er.

My plans are on hold for the moment. I was supposed to be meeting someone for a test ride, but we must have missed each other at a very busy Peddleabikeaway, so I still have no idea what kind of ride to expect.

Regardless, I still have a hankering, so maybe in the spring I'll have another look at what's about.

hi all.

i have a 2012 santa cruz highball 29er.

i bought this for endurance events mainly. I done the off road london2brighton on it last year, and will be doing the HONC this year.

for those sort of events its perfect, but i still use a normal 26 inch mtb for general XC riding , trail centres etc.

Attachments

• SAM_1216.JPG
    SAM_1216.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 1,122
Pah! 29ers...what you want is a 36er:
7805056914_01ea6e60ed_o.jpg

Now that's the future :shock:

(Nothing to do with me...I'm only 5' 7")

All the best,

My 29er, its an Avanti Coppermine 29.1, few upgrades e.g. schwalbe hans dampf/racing ralph, 1x10 setup with renthal ring and E13, Renthal cockpit, wellgo MG-1s, Shimano Zee brakes. Needs better wheels, these are shite novatec/alex jobs.

20121209_173919.jpg

Re: 29'er

Jamiedyer":37q1tf8l said:
Just take your 26'er and add 29'er wheels as I did to my 1X1......simples ;)
The versatility of the 1X1 :LOL:

From the build up
DSC_2160.jpg

What length are those cranks, 180mm? Whatever they are, it looks like toe overlap will be an ever-present problem.
Unless you have tiny, tiny feet?

I'm loving my 29er, running Stans Arch rims and tubeless Nobby Nics on it, will be hard jumping back on a 26" after spending all my time on this. It's playful, doesn't seem slow to accelerate as some of the criticism mentions and its great for jumping.

I succumbed to the clown wheels a few months ago, after test riding a salsa el mariachi and loving it!

I eventually went for a transition trans am two9, as I got a cracking deal on it. At first, I thought I'd messed up, as it was slooooow.......then I got some easton havens on special from CRC, and the thing flies!

I've swapped out some heavy bits, cranks and tyres etc, and have got it to under 30lbs.....that was my benchmark.
A couple of blokes that used to leave me in their wake on quicker rides, now make excuses about coming out with me. I'm fitter due to more riding, but this thing is fast.

E2821ED1-D04A-4399-8616-EEB1DB9523DF-661-0000018399348655.jpg

I'm a convert, for sure!

Back