New Star Wars

What do you expect, them to have made the first three the same as the old three. I'm glad they didn't as things have moved on and few would have gone to see such shoddy work. Fine for their time but like here, that's for rose tinted specs thinking they are better. I'm not a big movie fan though, but the sets are poor, the acting just as bad and the flow is terrible, let alone the storyline. Ships were cool though and that is what Star Wars rides on, cool ships and lightsabers.

Fluffy, I'm afraid you're right. They did have to move with the times, but they somehow lost some magic along the way. Maybe it's just the Binks that ruins it for me, I don't know.

gavinda":2ms2qa03 said:
Fluffy, I'm afraid you're right. They did have to move with the times, but they somehow lost some magic along the way. Maybe it's just the Binks that ruins it for me, I don't know.

Touche.

Yes move wiht the times but really poor story lines and excessive (somewhat crappy acting in there too) GCI a good movie do not make. I mean jam jar bling (oh sorry jar jar binks) FFS he was what why and where? Sure the originals are by comparison not so slick but they stand the test of time way better than the drivel that prequels them.

Yeah they used all new technology for the newer ones... but they totally failed on the actual movies... Lucas knew the main plot for the movies, but he didn't know the actual storyline to make the plot work and what he came up with was just crappy.

Really Jar jar? that was just lame, but then so were ewoks, cute yes, otherwise lame to the plot.
Mediclorians (or whatever), way to go, try to explain how the force works, you don't need to, its the force, its just works. Maybe when they re-re-release them, they can edit out that and jar jar

Han shot first.....

But the target market isn't the people who are great fans of the originals, but the casual watcher with young children who'll go buy their stuff and make them some money. SuperFans where never going to like them as much as the originals, just like I don't like the new modern bikes as much as the old.

I quite like JarJarwhitsits bit more interesting than same old same old (although tiring after a while). Makes the children laugh, which is a good thing.
Still I've never got around to watching the 3 episode...

and yes I did have all the toys, as a child, and the saber sound ... and lego versions.
But that's it.. I don't really know why, marketing told me I probably wanted them. Watching the 3 originals now are certainly not as good as I remember them as a young boy.
But I still love 'Star Wars' but don't think to much of the films.

Like everything each to their own.
Lucus will make money, the young one's'll like it, the oldies will say it's not as good and why this that the other..
and the masses will just enjoy it for something to watch and agree with whatever the media say, as is the world...

You lot over analyse films to much, now get back to important stuff, like how to cut a cable properly and the exact paint colour and decal size and text angle needed ... I tell you these re-mastered Zaskars are not as good as the original Zaskars (not that they where that good to start with). To much Carbon Generated Imagery with Anti-Jar-Jar Suspension nowadays...

well your right about the target audience and its a money making machine rather than a die hard fan thing...
The new 3 new movies (1-3) did't mind the 2dn one, thought the 3r was ok, but the 1st was woefull. Yeah they used cgi too much but they were telling a story. but the story in thew 1st was garbage...

as to the original 3, personally I still find them enjoyable to watch and don't find them poor in any way what so ever. I can watch them over and over and think they are as good if not better than anything today... but thats me.

Back