'97 saracen hardtrax 'pics with manitou mars on now'

Well this is a sad time - I got the Marin I was after so this will return back to standardish, similar to the first photo I posted. :cry: :cry:

The Marin (bear valley '94) is going to be built with a much more xt based spec sheet (rear shifter to go then I'll be happyish) main thing I need to get is a disc brake wheel set for it, a seat, xt rear shifter (9spd), folding 1.9 highrollers, wide bars and a set of cables.

Saracen - I'll still ride you, it's been emotional :LOL: :cry:

Is that the Bear Valley your mate had in those pics from the Pines?

Saracen's goin back to standard-ish then? Tbh, they look quite cool standard. :p

it is, however only the frame + headset, front shifter and mech are/will be as they are when he had it.

it will eventually be a fast, lightish, disc braked, front sus oldskool xc bike. unfortunatly car insurance must come before modding the bike but i do have a few parts i need to get rid of to clear out some space/get some money together :LOL:

saracen spec will be something like -

rithcey logic headset.
wtb enduro bars - polished
diacomp or odyssey levers
lx canti brakes
deore rapid fire 9spd shifters
lx rear mech
slx front
stx and ayura wheels
alivio crank
whatever tyres I've got
san marco rolls saddle

a bloody good strip down, clean and polish

Mines an old square taper one that was on this before so it's just lying around in a box, in quite good condition if I remember right :D

lastest photos of this bike before it changes completely :(

DSC02756_zps1f322951.jpg

DSC02757_zps2408d8da.jpg

DSC02758_zps822311c2.jpg

Haha no - funnily enough, just bought a 100mm Planet X/On-one. Think it's 10mm shy of the length of the original Saracen one?

Yours a quill? Looks nice tho - polished black?

Back