Oops, what did I just do...

rody

BoTM Winner
Can't believe I just did it, but...was surfing Ebay out of boredom here at work and before I knew it, pulled the trigger on yet another bike :oops:

Trying hard to justify it, it is my son's size after all ;)

Anyhoo, got a Yo in need of a bit of love coming my way.

Off for a few days on a mtb trip to Central Pa, hopefully it'll be waiting for me when I get back.

cheers,

rody

Well, the Yo arrived today and I'm more than a bit dissapointed...

First the good...it's a very early Yo with triangular HT gusset and pressed in BB. Scant, have a guess on the approximate year?

Then the bad...upon inspection I noticed a slight diameter diffential around the seat tube, in the area of the seatstays/top tube intersection. A little judicious scraping prooved out my concern; bondo under the paint. Looks like the seat tube has been damaged/rusted through at one point and an attempt to hide it was tried. My guess is a frozen seat post that the frame was drilled to attempt to remove it...dumb asses! I won't really be able to tell unless the paint is removed and the frame blasted free of the bondo.

Bottom line, I can replace the seat tube but would not have purchased it for the final price if the true condition had been known.

Waiting to hear back from the seller... :roll:

rody

Back