My 1991 GT Team Avalanche

Crus":1svzawyu said:
The bike in my Dreams when I was 15!
Very nice

I have to agree i was the same back then.That Midnight Aurora is really something.

Deinitely a keeper that one Chris mate.

Very jealous :cool:

jimihendrix":34pu2f8h said:
ChrisGT75":34pu2f8h said:
Thanks for the compliments Crus and Hendrix (love your music BTW Jimi).
In answer to your question Jimi, I only took the guide off for the pics and then put it straight back again as I reckoned it would be a real pain to source another (or was that your way of sounding me out as you have one? - lol).

You would'nt be saying that if you heard my (very bad) rendition of Voodoo Child :LOL:

Regarding the cable guide, not at all, just that i remember seeing a bike that had the guide missing for ages and the cables had been running on the frame.

Sometimes hard to guage a newbies knowledge of bikes but you are obviously clued up ;)

Lol - Not so much being clued up on bike knowledge, more an experienced veteren of foolishly taking things apart and losing/breaking small plastic thingies that it turns out are essential for re-assembly.

and regarding your playing, have you got a right handed guitar strung for the left? (perhaps thats what you need to do? lol).

player":2y41qnxt said:
Crus":2y41qnxt said:
The bike in my Dreams when I was 15!
Very nice

I have to agree i was the same back then.That Midnight Aurora is really something.

Deinitely a keeper that one Chris mate.

Very jealous :cool:

Thanks mate, I actually think the colour is one of the reasons I couldnt bring myself to sell it when it got old (by old I mean that point where it was just an old bike and therefore worthless rather than being old enough to be a classic). I remeber the day I got it and actually spent ages just looking at it, the paint combined with the frame design made it almost look like a sculpture and I'd said to my mates at the time that if I ever stopped riding it I would probably stick it on the wall as art in a games room - that didnt quite happen, so it spent many many years in the loft instead Waiting patiently for me to stop being a lazy :)

Back