Did you have the perfect wedding day

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I brought out what I had in the cupboard and my husband got his interview suit out, my mum paid for the wine and we were in the local pub, but we were one and the same together, I loved it and it is a very funny story for the children how in the end, rather than a honeymoon we went to Morrison's for our weekly shop :D I'm a bit drunk now but I laughed through the whole ceremony, I was in stitches.

What was yours like?

Alison

we got married in carnglaze caverns in Cornwall. I am very very uncomfortable with the idea of being underground.

on the trip down my van's engine let go so we had to be recovered. I ended up 46 hours without sleep. ended up losing my voice.

so no, less than perfect!

next time I will do it my way!

Hungover, the day after my wife's brother's wedding who, idoit that he is, didn't bother telling anyone about his arrangements until after ours were already common knowledge :roll:

Stayed one night in the "reception" hotel in Glasgow where most of the student pals stayed up with us until 3am or so. Then me and the mrs drove to a sales conference in Bournemouth next day, where we got reediculously drunk and insulted most of the national BOC sales and marketing staff.

True.

Really.

:cool:

PS - anyone know a good (cheap) lawyer ;)

Mine was more of a logistical challenge than a romantic day - we live in Southern France, but I'm from Exeter and my wife is from Northern France, neither of us have family nearby, and we had to find hôtels and accomodation for those unable (don't ask) to sort it out themselves, then shuttle people around and ensure everyone knew where to be and when. We aren't religious so had the civil ceremony in the village Mayors office, then we all went to a good restaurant for reception/dinner/alcohol.

It was a lovely day, but largely because our plans were sound. In the end we were relieved when it was over. I had to go back to work overseas a week later and we still haven't had a honeymoon...! Astonishingly, she still loves me, though the increasing number of bikes in the garage is probably straining that a bit... :roll:

yes,awesome day,we had the first wedding at manchester museum under stan the T-REX,we even had storm troopers outside and had a big yank wedding car,
04082011227.jpg

135.jpg

042.jpg

055.jpg

corsarob":3gawt7xl said:
yes,awesome day,we had the first wedding at manchester museum under stan the T-REX,we even had storm troopers outside and had a big yank wedding car,
]

Loving the storm troopers :D

Alison

Isaac_AG":3ql6mjd5 said:
corsarob":3ql6mjd5 said:
]

Loving the storm troopers :D

Alison

yeh,that was a surprise for us all,but defo a talking point,everyone remembers that bit.lol.

other than not sewing the oats same night, absolutely spot on. had a country hall and all its grounds,snow covered estate, mk3 3.0s capri for karens car, Adidas bling trainers (dont do shoes if i can help it ;) ) and most my friends and family. dj was the bloke from the baths (friday night alternative disco, ace nights) so had all our music, got pics of the bride dancing to rage against the machine lol

would do it all again and not change a thing tbh :D

Latest posts

Back