Lance Armstrong interview on tv

I don't believe it.... Lance took drugs! :shock:

al.

Pyro Tim":15qp955d said:
Apologies, but I don't understand why him admitting it has hit you hard. It was obvious throughout his career, and with all the evidence in the past 6 months, surely you were prepared for it?

Call it naivety, or just wanting to see the best in people, I don't know. Yes it may have become crystal clear recently what was going on with Armstrong, but the natural conclusion surrounding him would always be hearing the words come from him. I don't doubt he suffered horrifically from cancer, I'm just disgusted by his abuse of the cancer community that in turn looked up to him and his 'achievements'.

Having been one of the people who was daft enough to stay up and watch it "live" I've got a creeping suspicion about the interview.

I think it was rehearsed and then edited to make it flow as one long interview. One of the reasons is that he doesn't stumble over his words at any point as most people will do in an interview situation and his answers are for the most part very quotable tidy soundbites.

The other reason, less scientific, is that he is sitting in the same pose for nearly the whole thing with his left foot on his right knee. I for one couldn't sit in the same position for over an hour. Almost as if they have stopped the filming if they weren't happy with the delivery of the answer and did a second take.

Just a gut feeling.

hmmmm wise words Taz , I watched it about an hour ago and something does not sit right :?

Dont quite no what I was expecting but slightly angered by his attitude didnt really seem that bothered more like a boy who just owned up to stealing some sweets!

What were you expecting, i see no reason for the BS to stop just because he's owned up.
The only reason he is on the program is to further his own career.

Lets see how fluid he is in a court of law with a jail term pending :twisted:

Is there anywhere online i can watch the whole thing as i have only seen snippets?

mike tap in armstrong interview on youtube and filter length to 20mins +

Pyro Tim":eh2x8xxs said:
Apologies, but I don't understand why him admitting it has hit you hard..

Really?

I watched it and felt gutted, sick to my core... why?

Because Armstrong admitting he did it is the final nail in the coffin, not just for him, but for the sport that I hold so dear. The final, irrefutable truth that the riders that I looked up to and who motivated me to 'get out and ride' were cheats and liars.

I felt emotional and sad not for Armstrong, but for the sport and because of the shitstorm facing cycling as a result of this admission. This is just the beginning.

I can almost handle the cheat bit, it's the rest that does it for me. Many cyclists have doped over the years, a lot of them in desperation and suffered years after their career finished with health and mental problems caused by knowing what they had done. Not right and still cheating but they suffered for it.

My biggest gripe with Armstrong is the sheer ego of the man, the unpleasantness visited on people who he considered against or less than him. The type of arrogance that led him to sue anyone who didn't laud him as the best ever and clean.

Back