show us your gt's

Killer steVe":s1bko67p said:
1996 GT Pantera. No where near as nice as some of the GT's in this thread but I've had it from new and I still think its a great bike.

main.php

Just there I had a little whoopsie, I was travelling backwards with all 4 wheels locked up at about 60mph, the eifel gods were looking out for me and I screeched to a stop with my rear bumper about a foot from the concrete wall of the bridge :oops: .

My Xizang, with the lumo loud & proud!

dsc03321x.jpg

gtRTSdh":3ovhe5zs said:
Killer steVe":3ovhe5zs said:
1996 GT Pantera. No where near as nice as some of the GT's in this thread but I've had it from new and I still think its a great bike.

main.php

Just there I had a little whoopsie, I was travelling backwards with all 4 wheels locked up at about 60mph, the eifel gods were looking out for me and I screeched to a stop with my rear bumper about a foot from the concrete wall of the bridge :oops: .

My Xizang, with the lumo loud & proud!

dsc03321x.jpg

I can confirm it is a lot easier driving round the circuit than riding round it!!

Been reading gm's 30 days of GT thread and waiting patiently for an Inferno Karakoram to be posted but as yet nothing so it spurred me on to get the old photos out to look for some my Dad took of me years ago, 1991-2?, riding my Karakoram.

Man I am proper skinny and as for the day-glo colours & bum-bag, well, I can only apologise! :D

8379510129_59e8838bdb_z.jpg
8379511353_1e602f54e6_z.jpg

8380690032_753fa5a7dc_z.jpg

1997 GT bravado

I last posted by Bravado in Jan 2012, and a lot has happened with it since, it's my winter bike, which means a lot of wear and tear, and riding 2-4 times a week, means nothing last long on it, currently in 69er rigid, below a a few pictures of it's metamorphosis from the last 24 months, since the Jan 2013 pic, it's had a replacement rear wheel, chain, rear mech & cables

July 2011 Rim brakes, Rond Magura Fork

1997GTBravado200711_zps2d81b366.jpg

Nov 2011 Disc front, Rond Magura Quake Fork
Bravado.jpg

Jan 2013 69er Rigid
Bravado_Jan_13_zps76009e52.jpg
[/img]

1210tech":k2bq254u said:
Been reading gm's 30 days of GT thread and waiting patiently for an Inferno Karakoram to be posted but as yet nothing so it spurred me on to get the old photos out to look for some my Dad took of me years ago, 1991-2?, riding my Karakoram.

Man I am proper skinny and as for the day-glo colours & bum-bag, well, I can only apologise! :D

look at the grin! those photos capture exactly what is great about mtb, and owning a nice bike as a youngster! cool.

they look like "hot tuna" boardies? respect ;)

merckx":3dniik6e said:
look at the grin! those photos capture exactly what is great about mtb, and owning a nice bike as a youngster! cool.

they look like "hot tuna" boardies? respect ;)

Ha, yeah, ah to be young and not have a care in the world eh? ;)
I was very lucky to have parents that would buy me bikes that were so expensive, the Karakoram replaced my Palisades that got nicked from the garage.

I wondered if anyone would notice/mention the Hot Tuna boardies, I loved those shorts and wore them til they fell apart, the hoodie is Hot Tuna too :cool:

ohoh new stuff, but don't worry it is steel so it is ok, right? ;)

Attachments

• IMG_6678 (Large).JPG
    IMG_6678 (Large).JPG
    361 KB · Views: 867
  • IMG_6382 (Large).JPG
    IMG_6382 (Large).JPG
    271 KB · Views: 867
Back