Who's got a 29'er?

The Stans Crest have been great and a doddle to set up tubeless - 1 wrap of Stans rim tape, fitted the tyres by hand (no levers) and they inflated straight away with no sealant. Added some sealant and they took a day or two to stop leaking and been great since. Did a long group ride at weekend with some steep muddy pitches - only me and my mate riding 29ers could get up them, those on 26ers were walking. The big wheels and better traction from softer, tubeless tyres means I can ride up trails that have defeated me for 20 years.

Oh, I'm thinking of building some wheels with some Velocity P35 rims too - we have many areas of ankle deep sand in these parts and with a 2.4" tyre run tubeless I reckon I could have some fun. Likewise, it would be handy for the deep mud and ocassional snow too. It also means I could run some of the new Surly 3" Knard tyres too to give me near fat bike traction.

monty dog":nvfm1tht said:
we have many areas of ankle deep sand in these parts and with a 2.4" tyre run tubeless I reckon I could have some fun.

We have many areas of ankle deep MUD in these parts :evil:

I just wish my son had bought his CX bike earlier, then I would have had this 29er revelation before.

I'll be making arrangements for a test ride, now that the festivities are nearly over.

monty dog":38o1xdou said:
Oh, I'm thinking of building some wheels with some Velocity P35 rims too - we have many areas of ankle deep sand in these parts and with a 2.4" tyre run tubeless I reckon I could have some fun. Likewise, it would be handy for the deep mud and ocassional snow too. It also means I could run some of the new Surly 3" Knard tyres too to give me near fat bike traction.

What frame are you intending to use the Knards on? Needs to have heaps of clearance.

i'm looking forward to all the cheap 26er parts that will come available when all you lot convert to 29 :p

i think i'll be sitting this out for a while, the the trend 'bed in ' a little ;)

twain":37kvv6dw said:
i think i'll be sitting this out for a while, the the trend 'bed in ' a little ;)

Given that the first Karate Monkey was produced in 2002, you may have a long wait for your 26er bargains. ;)

29'er

Just take your 26'er and add 29'er wheels as I did to my 1X1......simples ;)
The versatility of the 1X1 :LOL:

From the build up
DSC_2160.jpg

Mine.
Only had one proper Peaks all dayer on it so far and it's miles ahead of my old 26" Kula, even though its 4lbs heavier!
I'm totally hooked!

IMG_4917_zpsd32ddd8c.jpg

Latest posts

Back